Reynolds AR58 RB Wheelset
Featuring aerodynamic speed and rim braking with great allroads capability at a nice price, the Reynolds AR58 RB wheelset has a refined, wider rim shapes optimized for crosswind stability at a variety of yaw angles. Essentially this the wider version of what was the Strike rim design. The 28mm wide, tubeless ready rim provides better fit for higher volume tires that increase grip, lower rolling resistance and provide greater comfort. The wheels play to the wider stance of the today's road and allroad bikes. The extra width also allows the structure to be stronger, and better able to handle the lower pressures of tubeless use, and the rougher surfaces you may be navigating. Straight line speed is faster, with excellent rear wheel tracking.
Reynolds uses their CT3 carbon rim construction technology to develop this rim brake specific rim, creating a structure that manages the stresses of spoke tension, the tubeless rim bed, and overall strength. The brake track is the update Ctg2 version, which shows true advantage over the previous version, which was already quite good. It is designed to be used with Reynolds Cryo-Blue Power brake pads.
The wheelset is laced with Sapim Sprint spokes (20 front, radial / 24 rear 2x/2x) and external brass nipples for easier service. The hubset is the fast rolling and smooth Reynolds TR3 rim brake, straight pull model. The interchangeable freehub system of the rear, delivers 10 degree engagement with 3 pawls for a very sure, consistent power delivery. Sealed cartridge bearings and oversized alloy axles keep the wheels rolling smoothly. The aluminum hubs are anodized for durability and corrosion resistance, while featuring an interchangeable freehub system.
This a true road performance aero wheelset that delivers speed, stability, and power transfer while still being forgiving on rough surfaces. Easily handling 700x25 to 700x35 tires, the Tubeless Ready AR58 RB Wheelset is ideal for those who seek speed and stability from wheels that can dominate an Olympic tri, 60mile crit, or multi-surface fondo event. Race and train on these reliable, yet affordable, high performance carbon wheels from Reynolds with confidence.
- Mid-height, rim brake aero wheelset optimal for fast road, gravel, cross use
- Features a lower price point than "x" version which uses different hubset, spokes, finish
- 58mm front, 62mm rear profile wheels for speed, strength, and stability
- Wide, Tubeless Ready carbon disc brake rim perfect for high volume 700c tires
- Ctg2 brake track is 30% more resistant to heat than previous models (w/Cryo-Blue Power Pads)
- Increase grip, lower rolling resistance and provide greater comfort
- Refined, wider rim shape optimized for crosswind stability at a variety of yaw angles
- Features Sapim Sprint bladed steel straight-pull spokes, external brass nipples
- Reynolds TR3 hubs are smooth and efficient
- Interchangeable freehub system with 3-pawl 10° engagement
- Strike rim spec: Profile 58mm, Internal width 19mm, External width 28mm
- Spoke count: 20 front and 24 rear, laced radial front, 2x/2x rear
- Taped for tubeless use, valves included
- Road Quick Release hub axle type and spacing: 100mm front, 130mm rear
- Includes: Cryo-Blue Power Pro brake bads, QR's, (2)75mm Tubeless Valve Stems
- Freehub options: Shimano/SRAM 11s, SRAM XDR
- Finish: Black gloss decals on UD carbon
- Weight: 1700 grams