Ritchey WCS 2X Trail Alloy Handlebar
Today's hardtails and short travel full suspension bikes are generally 29er's, so the cockpit set-up can feel a little high to some competitive riders and serious enthusiasts who prefer to be a little lower for speed and control, along with climbing weight balance over both wheels. Subtle differences matter, and efficient riders love consistency. The Ritchey WCS 2X Trail Alloy Handlebar is two bars in one: select 5mm of rise or drop while maintaining a 9° backsweep. That gives you some subtle flexibility, along with possible stem angle set-up options, for an optimized forward cockpit height in relation to saddle position.
Like many Ritchey WCS bars, the 2X Trail is made with triple-butted 7050 aluminum alloy. This blend adds a little cost, but keeps the weight down while providing excellent strength and resiliency over time. The bar itself is pretty strong overall, so unless you have visible real damage after a crash, you can be confident of safe, controlled riding capability until you or a mechanic can truly examine it. Carbon fiber makes a great lightweight bar and it can be strong, with other benefits, but riding it out after a crash isn't a great idea. That is why Ritchey's WCS alloy handlebars are still a very popular choice for XC and XC Trail riders.
- Flat MTB Trail bar with +/- 5 mm rise set-up option with no upsweep, but consistent 9° backsweep
- Made with WCS level triple-butted 7050 alloy for lightweight, durability, resilience, and strength
- Anodized finish is durable and carries clean logos
- Handlebar stats:
- Width: 760mm
- Rise: reversible +/- 5mm flat rise from stem centerline
- Backsweep: 9°
- Clamp diameter: 31.8mm
- Bar-end compatible if desired (not as commonly used with a backsweep over 5°)
- Color: Blatte
- Weight: 232g