WCS C220 Stem
The Ritchey WCS C220 stem takes the revolutionary technology of their C260 and makes it quicker and easier to install and remove thanks to a press fit handlebar interface and forward facing hardware. Like the C260, the C220 creates a more secure interface by wrapping a full 220 degrees over the handlebar. Ritchey aligns the bolt clamping force with the clamp so the body of the stem cradles or actually embraces the handle bar. This design is less likely damage handlebars and is actually stronger and stiffer while allowing for a lighter faceplate.
One of the shortcomings of the C260 was some bars with oval or winged shaped tops didn't work. You also had to remove a lever when changing bars or stems which is more time consuming. The C220 works with virtually all oval and winged bars. It actually makes stem swaps faster because its press-fit design holds the bar in place while tightening the faceplate. The C260 uses T20 Torx bolts that threw off many a mechanic. For hardware, the C220 uses premium cromo steel bolts with a standard 4mm Hex (Allen) fitment.
Like most of their stems, the C220 features graphics that work when the stem is in the up position or in the more common lower position. The size of the stem is discreetly printed by the handlebar (we wish more stem manufactures did this). In case you are wondering, the difference in handlebar height on a 110mm 84 degree stem when you flip it is a little over 2cm. Other details include a wide 42mm faceplate for security and stiffness. And no, Blatte is not a typo. It refers to the smooth matte black finish that cosmetically works so well on all bikes.Return to Top
- 3D forged 2014 aluminum alloy body stem for road or mountain use
- Press-fit clamp design installs and removes like a standard stem, yet offers greater surface contact area and adds strength at stem/bar junction
- 4 x 4mm coated CrMo steel forward-facing faceplate bolts
- 2 x 4mm coated CrMo steel offset steer tube clamp bolts
- 5Nm torque max on all hardware
- Compatible with all 31.8 bars and 1-1/8" steerers
- Stack height and faceplate width - both 42mm
- Steerer clamp: 1⅛; Handlebar clamp diameter: 31.8mm
- Angle +/- options: 84°, 73°, 25°
- Lengths: 60, 70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130 mm
- Color: Blatte
- Weight: 133 grams (110mm)