Aerodynamic, wing-top carbon handlebars have moved on from the first generation offerings, and now we are seeing more options for direct hidden Di2 wire routing. Ritchey's Streem bar used to have a longer reach and more backsweep, but as shifter set-ups and body design have evolved, such bars now have a shorter reach, a little less back sweep, and the aerodynamics fall within UCI guidelines. The Ritchey WCS Carbon Streem II Di2 Handlebar is a perfect example of this evolution, with the refined overall design and specfic bar end and center clamp zone Di2 wiring ports.
The use of uni-directional (UD) carbon fiber has also ensured the bar is lighter and stiffer than it's predecessor. This is especially true in the wing-top section. The UCI compliant aero form is 43.mm deep, and 16mm tall, which still offers a slightly ovalized top surface that is both aerodynamic and comfortable for those more upright riding positions, such as on a long climb. The new curve is a traditional style drop, but with a flatter top of the curve for more optimal set-up with today's levers. You can truly get a nice level transition, but still enjoy the arcing curve of the drop. The drop itself varies slightly by size ranging from 124mm to 128mm. The new, shorter reach is 70mm in all sizes, perfect for today's levers. The gently subtle back sweep is less noticeable, but helps keep your wrists in a more anatomically correct position when your hands are riding on top of the bar.
Ritchey has long been the master of small details, and the Carbon WCS Streem II is no exception. A small channel under the bar keeps housing under control, and allows you to keep tape off much of the aero top section. This a rider preference option. Some cyclists want a little more padding and no slip surface, while other prefer the clean carbon look and feel. Ritchey uses a non-slip grit on the stem and shifter mounting zones to eliminate migrating parts and assist the mechanic with not over-torquing the bolts. Ritchey bars are measured center to center (c-c) at the shifter mount section (not at the end of the drops). At 235 grams in a size 42, Ritchey makes the lightest full featured aero top bar on the market. The Carbon WCS Streem II is a perfect bar for riders who climb a lot, face the inevitable descents, and love to fly on the flats.Return to Top
- UD carbon monocoque, aero-top 31.8mm road handlebar with traditional shape drop
- Di2 wiring ports near bar ends, internal or hidden routing, center bar clamp port
- Short reach and moderate drop in line with current shifter systems and set-ups
- UCI compliant 43.5mm x 16mm wing-shaped top section cuts through the wind
- Gentle sweep to tops and broad platform-great for seated climbing
- Recessed standard cable groove-no need to tape all the way to the center section
- No-slip grit at stem and brake lever clamp areas
- Matte UD Carbon Finish
- Reach: 70mm (all sizes)
- Drop: Size 40 124mm, Size 42 126mm, Size 44 128mm
- Sizes available (c-c): 40cm, 42cm, 44cm
- Weight: 235 grams (size 42cm)