Roval Alpinist SL Cockpit
Specialized's Roval components are exceptional in their material technology and execution. With reliable design and construction, which are backed by a no-fault crash replacement policy and lifetime warranty, the incredibly lightweight Alpinist SL Cockpit is the ideal integrated bar-stem system for the discerning cyclist who prizes reduced weight, a super clean design with internal routing, and compact bar measurements. The transition radius shape of the curve is optimized for Shimano, SRAM, and Campagnolo shift/brake levers, while the -6 degree stem angle is the most commonly used set-up in road cycling.
The advanced carbon composite material offers excellent strength to weight ratio; mitigates road vibration, and delivers the lateral stiffness deeply appreciated by cyclists when climbing out of the saddle as well descending impressive switchbacks. While optimized for lightweight, just 255g in the 42cm/110mm size, the Alpinist SL Cockpit is impressively sleek and comfortable, while being rated for riders up to 275lbs. An optimized composite lay-up ensures the necessary stiffness and strength with access ports the the full integration of housing and wires. As a compact design, the Reach is 75mm, while the Drop is 125mm. All the details are properly executed, such as integrated access point for an optional Specialized mount for your GPS head unit, a textured lever mount zone, super clean stem steerer clamp bolts and the included headset topcap.
Every product in the Alpinist line-up has simple but sweet aesthetic that matches any build, with the Matte Carbon base color and subtle gloss black graphics. The Alpinist SL Cockpit is made in small quantities but is offered in 10 sizes as availability allows. The full assembly is simply impressive and is designed for comparable excellence while exploring even the steepest and most challenging climbs you can find.
- Carbon integrated road bar-stem optimized for lightweight and stiffness, with a sleek, clean profile
- Advanced carbon composite material offers excellent strength to weight ratio; mitigates road vibration
- Optimized composite layup ensures stiffness and safety, and allows for uncompromised, sleek internal cable routing
- Tradition radius shape; 75mm Reach, 125mm Drop
- Compatible with Shimano, SRAM, Campagnolo shift/brake levers
- Lever mount zone is textured for friction and hold; features markings for simple set-up side-to-side
- Includes super sleek top cap and bolt
- Steerer tube clamp diameter: 1⅛"
- Stem angle: -6° (84°)
- Has mount zone for optional integrated face-plate computer mount (sold separately under Specialized part # S219900058)
- System weight limit: 275lbs
- Backed by a no-fault crash replacement policy and lifetime warranty from Specialized/Roval
- Bar width measured center-to-center at lever mount zone
- Sizes offered: 40cm x 80/90/100mm, 42cm x 90/100/110/120mm, 44cm x 110/120/130mm
- If you don't see the desired size listed in the selection menu please contact us for availability
- Color: Matte Carbon / Gloss Black
- Weight: 255 grams (42cm / 110mm)