Roval CLX 50 Disc Front Wheel
The wonderfully, light, incredibly fast, and ideally stable Roval CLX 50 wheel design pairs a carefully designed rim profile with DT Aerolite bladed spokes. It is aerodynamically superior to many deeper rims, yet retains superb real-world handling, is light enough to climb with authority, and has racked up more pro wins than any other wheel from Paris-Roubaix, to World Championships, to Grand Tour stages. The pedigree is undeniable, as is the overall performance and build quality. Roval offers the front and rear wheel separately, and this item is the front wheel
The handbuilt carbon CLX 50mm deep disc rim is fully modern in width and features. It is hooked for clincher or tubeless tire use, and tests faster than shallow rims in all conditions, even heavy crosswinds. Aerodynamically, it outperforms many deeper-section aero rims without suffering the weight and handling drawbacks associated with deeper wheels. At 200-grams lighter than the closest competition, the CLX 50 is an incredible all-conditions choice. Stability also comes from the 21mm internal rim width and the accompanying 29.4mm external width. The strength, durability and resiliency of the disc rim structure ensures the safety with either tire system choice and is capable of carrying tires from 22-47mm, making it perfect for supporting new-school rubber for road or gravel tire width optimization.
The Aero Flange (AFD1) front hub found on the CLX 50 wheel is the true basis of this fast, strong, light, slippery wheel. Aerodynamically optimized, with wide-bracing angles for increased strength and reduced spoke weight, the AFD1 features ultra-smooth CeramicSpeed bearings. The wheel is hand-laced with 24 DT Swiss Aerolite T-head bladed spokes, which test measurably faster than round spokes. Note the paired spoke 2:1 lacing pattern, which is proprietary to Roval's system-designed wheels. The Aerolites are laced with Pro Lock hexagonal nipples in 2x on the disc-side, and radial on the the other, in the 2:1 ratio. You get incredible strength and stiffness from the high tension, but the Aerolites offer some vertical give that protects the rim and rider from impacts, as well as mitigating some of the road buzz that makes it way to the rider via the fork.
Results are results, and the CLX 50 is a proven winner. This is just the 645 gram front wheel. If you are looking for a serious wheelset upgrade to your road or allroad bike, there is no better 1415 gram option under $2500 (front and rear combined), or possibly even $500+ more.
- Lightweight speed stability and performance in a carbon rear wheel with CeramicSpeed bearings
- Handbuilt carbon rear wheel with Clincher/2Bliss Ready disc brake rims
- Wind tunnel tested CFD driven rim shapes to account for yaw angles and tires
- Built with Roval's integrated wheel systems approach to ensure reliability, performance and the lightest weight possible
- CLX 50 Disc rim spec: Depth 50mm, IRW 21mm , ERW 29.4mm
- Compatible with 700c tires between 22-47mm
- AFD1 Front - Aero Flange straight pull disc brake hub are aerodynamically optimized, with wide bracing angles for increased strength and reduced spoke weight, featuring CeramicSpeed bearings; Center Lock disc
- Spoke holes drilled at precisely the angle the nipple head will interface with the rim
- Front wheel: 21 DT Aerolite T-head spokes, laced w/ DT Pro Lock brass hexagonal nipples; 2x (disc-side) / Radial (non-disc), 2:1 ratio
- Dropout/Axle system: 12/100mm thru-axle (Also comes with endcaps for QR 100mm use)
- Disc rotor interface: Center Lock
- Includes: Tubeless tape and valves (installed), Roval Padded Wheelbag
- Size: 700c front wheel
- Color: Carbon/Gloss Black
- Weight: 645 grams