Hans Dampf Addix Soft Tire
The Hans Dampf tread design is considered one of the most versatile and effective for all kinds of trail riding, Enduro, and is even welcomed for some downhill events. Schwalbe's application of various casing, protection, and rubber compound to each version help to define the overall characteristics of each version, but the tread design stays the same. This is tire that has dominated the wet, roots, and mud in the Pacific Northwest, the hard, loose and dry materials of the mountains in Colorado, and the abrasive rock of Fruita. It is most popular as a front option on shorter travel bikes, but can paired up on 6" All Mountain bikes, and for longer or more aggressive trail or DH use, it might be a rear-only option. Capable and effective while climbing or descending, the Hans Dampf is design to be reckoned with.
As an Evolution-series tire, the folding bead tire has been rated for serious recreation to elite competition use. The proven TLE, tubeless easy bead makes for faster and better installation, with excellent coordination with many rim designs for a great seal. The Super Trail casing happens to be Schwalbe's most versatile construction, built for riding on all trails. It delivers reliable puncture protection, and is combined with high lateral stability at low air pressures. Extra reinforced sidewalls protect against punctures and abrasion, while serving to dampen impact.
The Addix compounding system delivers the best rubber blends for the purpose and usage of each version. Addix Soft is reasonably fast, while being optimized for responsiveness that allows the tread to conform, grip, and control on the trail despite the varied conditions. Many riders describe the feel and response they can ascertain up at the cockpit, allowing them to ride more instinctively, with less guesswork about tire performance. The tread pattern itself is instructive, with precisely tuned stud positioning for controlled and forgiving riding while at the limit. Semi-open blocks ensure optimal self-cleaning properties in all conditions, and contribute to low rolling resistance. At pressures closer to the max, the shape is rounder, the tire faster- feeling incredible on moderately soft woodsy trails, but at lower pressures the footprint is agile and flexible for side and off camber grip and control that favors drier, loose, and rocky conditions.
If there is a word that defines the Hans Dampf Super Trail Addix Soft tire, it is balance. There are no compromises, just complementary features, materials, and design. That is what makes this tire so versatile and a real favorite with heavy trail and Enduro riders. It is the type of tire that improves the riding experience by removing guesswork and inspiring rider confidence at all times.Return to Top
- A seriously versatile true trail tire with a soft compound and resilient, protective casing
- Evolution Line folding tire developed for high-level recreational and competition use; with Schwalbe's Tubeless Easy design
- Super Trail - 50EPI, Schwalbe's most versatile MTB tire construction, built for all trails
- Reliable puncture protection paired with high lateral stability at low air pressures
- Extra reinforced sidewalls protect against punctures, abrasion and mitigate impacts
- Addix Soft- designated by the orange tread stripe, the compound is soft, optimized for responsiveness with moderate durability
- Offers great grip, feel and control across trail conditions and disciplines
- Popular from All-Mountain trail use through DH
- Precisely tuned stud positioning for controlled and forgiving riding at the limit
- The combination of large and small shoulder studs grants the rider optimal grip in numerous conditions
- Semi-open blocks ensure optimal self-cleaning properties with low rolling resistance
- E-25 Compatible for electric bike use (25kmh | 15.5mph)
- Stats: Size | Pressure | Load rating | Weight:
- 29x2.35 | 23-50psi | 275lbs | 1080 grams
- Color: Black/Classic Skinwall