Nobby Nic SuperTrail Tire
The Nobby Nic has always represented a versatile tread design that could conceivably be ridden offroad anywhere, anytime. As tire design, tread compound science, and overall construction methods have changed to maximize the benefits and effectiveness of tubeless use, the entire mountain bike tire line-up has evolved, and the Nobby Nic got a revised tread design this season that has truly improved it's all-around capabilities. The all-rounder that works in every situation, no matter the weather, no matter the terrain. It has widest possible range of use: for Tour and All-mountain, even for difficult XC tracks as well as technically challenging Enduro trails. That reads as serious versatility, but when you add in the versions Schwalbe has produced by varying the casings and rubber compounds, the optimal Nobby Nic for your needs is available.
As an Evolution-series tire, the folding bead tire has been rated for serious recreation to elite competition use. The proven TLE, tubeless easy bead makes for faster and better installation, with excellent coordination with many rim designs for a great seal. The Super Trail casing happens to be Schwalbe's most versatile construction, built for riding on all trails. It delivers reliable puncture protection, and is combined with high lateral stability at low air pressures. Extra reinforced sidewalls protect against punctures and abrasion, while serving to dampen impact.
The Addix compounding system delivers the best rubber blends for the purpose and usage of each version. Addix SpeedGrip is truly fast, while being optimized for responsiveness and grip that allows the casing and tread design to thrive in hardpack conditions. The updated tread reflects the aforementioned modern trail tire needs. Most obviously versus the previous generation, the new, stable shoulder blocks offer even more traction than before without sacrificing cornering grip. The overall tread lugs have enlarged gaps between blocks for better self-cleaning when needed and overall effectiveness on on mixed and loose terrain. With the center tread zone you get outstanding braking and forward traction due to special center stud arrangement, which offer a diamond-like shape from a 2/3/2 pattern, and each diamond is bridged by a close pair of central knobs. You get speed and somewhat contradictory capabilities in braking and traction requirements.
The Nobby Nic SuperTrail Addix SpeedGrip tire may well be the best overall tire ever offered for virtually any Trail use in virtually any condition. While it may not be as light or as supple as the Super Ground casing version, it can handle dry, wet, loose, soft, and so on, but damps the impacts of more aggressive trail conditions, especially at speed. This is a tire that you can find on almost any mountain bike, anywhere, with the exception of a downhill rig, yet it sacrifices nothing in the pursuit of it's all round capabilities.Return to Top
- Prime all around/all conditions MTB trail tire with Super Trail casing, impressive speed and grip
- Evolution Line folding tire developed for high-level recreational and competition use; with Schwalbe's Tubeless Easy design
- Super Trail- 50EPI, Schwalbe's most versatile MTB tire construction, built for all Trail use
- Reliable puncture protection paired with high lateral stability at low air pressures
- Extra reinforced sidewalls protect against punctures, abrasion and mitigate impacts
- Addix SpeedGrip- designated by the blue tread stripe, the compound is moderate, optimized for speed, low rolling resistance, and inherent grip on hardpack and rock, with real durability
- Offers impressive speed and grip with shoulder knob control and traction
- Most versatile surface and all conditions MTB tire in Schwalbe's line-up
- Updated modern trail bike tread with stable shoulder blocks for even more traction
- Enlarged gaps between blocks for better self-cleaning
- Outstanding braking and forward traction due to special 2/3/2 center stud pattern arrangement bridged by a close pair before spacing back out
- E-25 Compatible for electric bike use (25kmh | 15.5mph)
- Stats: Size | Pressure | Load rating | Weight:
- 29x2.35 | 23-50psi | 275lbs | 1045 grams
- 29x2.4 (Addix SpeedGrip) | 23-50 | 275lbs | TBD
- 29x2.4 (Addix Soft) | 23-50 | 275lbs | 1065 grams
- 29x2.6 | 20-45psi | 275lbs | 1115 grams
- Color: Black