Selle Italia Flite Boost TI 316 Superflow Saddle
One awesome side effect of a long center channel such as that on the Selle Italia Flite Boost Superflow is that when you combine it with a lightweight composite shell, the weight savings is noticeable. The listed weight for the Small size is an impressive 199 grams, which is awesome for a Flite saddle, which has always been a known for the long haul in a build that is more substantial than the SLR series. That build and the history of the Flite design have ensured it is still a top seller decades down the road. The Flite Boost Superflow resumes the classic “Flat” shape that has always distinguished the Flite family to guarantee, together with the modern, more compact shape and length (248mm), the demanded overall performance and maximum stability while pedaling. Road, gravel, cross, mountain, general purpose- the Flite can carry you through it all.
The Flite Boost Superflow also features the long central “Superflow” cut-out to relieve perineal pressure, a light but dense padding for all-day vibration dampening, and a tough Fibra-tek cover in black. The Small indicates the narrower 135mm size. If you are familiar with the Selle Italia idmatch fit system, the Small version of the Flite Boost Superflow Saddle is an S3 and recommended for cyclists with a "narrow" intertrochanteric (sitbone gap) distance and high pelvic rotation, who develop high levels of pressure on the surface of the saddle. The Large size is 145mm wide, and is an L3 idmatch, with a wider sitbone support platform, but the same high pelvic rotation as the S3.
If you are a long-time Flite rider who loves the flat and sturdy platform, but found the older narrow channel ineffective, the Superflow version will offer a substantial reduction in central pressure while the wings hold up the sit bones so you pedal freely, with power. The more compact length will keep you in the sweet spot with more comfort, and if you need to pull forward on the nose a little for a thigh burning pull, you can.
- Flite Boost Superflow saddle optimized for power off a flatter, more substantial platform; lightweight, short length, with comfort
- Modern Flite shape with the flatter profile and tapered shape
- 7mm round Ti 316 rails allow for a little more give- comfort, and resilience over time
- Long Superflow Flite shaped large cut-out and profile with carbon shell system
- Fibra-Tek cover is durable, won't absorb water, perforated to reduce heat
- Foam padding supplies comfort, forgiveness, reduces fatigue and discomfort all day
- Length: 248mm
- Widths: Small 135mm, Large 145mm
- Selle Italia idmatch fit: Small S3, Large L3
- Color: Black
- Weights: Small 199g, Large 207g (+/-5g)
- Made in Italy