Shimano CS-HG700 11-Speed Cassette
Shimano's 2nd generation 11-speed rear derailleurs (R9100, R800, R700 series) are offered in a GS (mid-cage) version that allows you to run up to an 11-34 cassette. When Shimano designed the Ultegra and 105 cassettes for these drivetrains, they only went up to an 11-32. The 11-34 option is offered under the HG-non series cassette nomenclature. Why? Well the CS-HG700 (and HG800) 11 Speed Cassette works with both 10-speed and 11-speed Shimano freehub bodies. As such it can be used with 11-speed mountain or road drivetrains, and offers greater life to your older 10-speed freehub body-equipped wheels.
The back of the cassette spider has been machined with an inset that allows the wider 11-speed road cassette to fit the HG10 style freehub body. The cassette comes with a spacer, which you use when you have a Shimano road 11-speed compatible freehub body. Otherwise the CS-HG700 is is the same build and specification as the CS-R7000 series road cassettes: steel cogs, 3 largest on alloy spider, others using alloy spacers, plated for durability and corrosion resistance, and a steel 11T lock ring. Same great durability and precise, solid shifting performance- at a great value.
- 11-34 HG700 option for Shimano road/mtn 10/11-spd freehubs
- 11-speed steel cog cassette for Shimano drivetrains/freehubs
- Includes washer for use with HG 11-speed road freehub
- Highly engineered cogs deliver incredible shifting, durability
- Plated steel cogs, aluminum spiders, steel lockring
- Requires RD-R7000 GS (or R8000/RX8000 GS) for road use
- Compatible chains: HG-EV 11-speed / HG-X11
- Cog combination: 11-13-15-17-19-21-23-25-27-30-34T
- Color: Plated steel
- Weight: 379 grams (11-32)