For those of you who ride Dura-Ace dual pivot caliper brakes, we applaud and appreciate you. Every generation, from 7800 through R9100 not only set new benchmarks for the industry, but most rim brake cyclists agree the power and modulation of each was the best available. R9100 had a truly major upgrade over the 9000-series model, and though Shimano has done much with the R9200 series overall, the rim brakes were impossible to improve. The SLR-EV pull ratio remains the same, as does the shape, power and feel. The lever stroke is incredible efficient and progressive, which no doubts provides the ultimate in rim brake modulation and rider feel, along with the power for advanced braking across the board with less overall finger effort. Sold here individually (front or rear) these calipers are simply the benchmark no other rim brake caliper can touch, though Ultegra comes close!
The design has an angular aesthetic, but looks aren't rationale. You can see where the engineers discovered greater strength and stiffness while reducing weight from the 9000 generation. The pivots are larger, and the angled shapes clearly offer some incremental aerodynamic. A stabilizer between the pivots adds strength, but also helps to produce a more linear curve to the braking, which is noticeable to the cyclist through greater predictability. The design accommodates tires up 28mm with proper clearance around the crown of the tire, though rim and tire measurements and specifications can impact true sizing compatibility.
The current SLR-EV design as it pertains to the brake lever pull moves the closed position in-line with the arch of the caliper, for minor aerodynamic benefit. Though you still get and adjusting knob to increase or decrease cable tension, the open/close lever no longer has the graduated indexing. It is felt that with the greater clearance, proper set-up, and better overall performance that this feature is no longer necessary. All tool access is straightforward, making installation and service simple.
Shimano has always applied it's best springs, pivots and other hardware to Dura-Ace caliper brakes, and the R9200 is no exception. The series-black finish is both bold and stealthy at the same time, and impeccably done. Whether you are building a new 12-speed R9250 rim brake group, or need to replace your calipers from a Shimano 11-speed group, the Dura-Ace BR-R9200 Brake Calipers are simply the best choice for performance, safety, and control. The increased power, easier linear feel, tire clearance and standout mechanical features are pure Dura-Ace. Add in the impeccable finish and impressive design- and you have the look, feel and experience of pro cyclist while riding rim brake wheels.Return to Top
- SLR-EV Dual pivot caliper brake with increased power, linear feel, more clearance
- Essentially a true carry-over from the outstanding R9100-series rim brake models
- Compatible with R9100, 9000, R8000, 6800, R7000 and 5800 series 11-speed levers
- Work with external rim widths from 20.8-28mm, and have the standard 51mm reach
- Pivoting, angling shoe cartridges, with R55C4 standard pads for alloy rims included
- Lightweight magnesium brake shoe holder is an ideal retainer for heat reduction
- Pivot stabilizer adds strength and power, increases linear feel
- Angular design adds aerodynamics to strengthened aluminum caliper features
- Top quality springs, titanium pivots and hardware, accessible tool access for easy use
- Release lever just open or closed, closed inline with caliper arm to reduce drag
- Clearance around tire crown for 28mm tires (tires vary with purpose/manufacturer)
- More control, better feel and power results in use predictability, rider confidence
- Sold individually: Front or Rear caliper with proper frame/fork mounting bolt length options
- Color: Series Black
- Weight: 163 (+/-1) grams each