Shimano Dura-Ace CS-R9200 12-Speed Cassette
Shimano's goal with R9200 12-speed to further optimize and improve the overall shifting experience across several levels. The 12-speed cassette not only improves shift speed and efficiency due to the reduced spacing between cogs but also with advancements made in the development of the 12-speed mountain XTR groupset. HyperGlide+ tooth profiling and chain engagement technology proved yet again how dominant Shimano is on patented component design and shifting performance in the market. With improvements to the shifters, derailleurs, charinrings, chain and cassette, the new R9200-series Di2 shifting system delivers 58% faster rear shifting and 45% faster front shifting compared to the wired R9100 Di2. With Shimano's commitment to impeccable integration of system technology, each component plays a complementary role during shift actuation and the R9200 cassette is the crucial performer at the back end of the drivetrain.
With 11-30T and 11-34T Dura-Ace CS-R9200 12-Speed Cassette options, Dura-Ace riders now have even lower climbing range with an extra cog mixed in. There is even an 11-28T option (availability in limited quantities), favored by many pro cyclists on flat or rolling terrain. No matter your riding level, you can experience the best road performance available. Despite even wider gear ranges- the smooth, consistent gear steps remain a Shimano hallmark thanks to the addition of the 12th cog. Keeping things simple, the R9200-series rear derailleur is offered with a single cage length that is compatible with the entire range of R9200 cassettes.
HyperGlide+ cassettes have revolutionized off-road shifting with their seamless shifts both up and down the gear range. Shimano translated that technology from MTB to the tarmac. Even during maximal efforts up a climb or nearing the finish line, riders no longer need to back off (at all) to perform a fast, solidly reliable shift. The R9200 Dura-Ace 12-Speed Cassette is compatible with Shimano 11-speed HG freehub bodies or the new Shimano 12-speed freehub body.
- Upgraded cassette tooth and combination system for 12-speed road with HyperGlide+
- Refined 12 step gear combination provides peak efficiency and accelerating performance for every situation
- Maintained 11T small cog for overall efficiency: better wear with less friction than smaller cogs
- Added 34T large cog option to the Dura-Ace line-up
- Faster, seamless shifts under maximum pedaling load
- HyperGlide+ Technology seamless shifts both up and down the gear range
- Requires HG+ 12-speed chain (same as 12s mountain CN-M9100)
- Better chain engagement cuts abrasion, reduces maintenance, and lengthens the lifespan of the chain and cassette
- Cogs are either 5 steel and 7 titanium or 6 steel and 6 titanium depending on combination
- Two aluminum spiders for larger cogs, 3 spacers and 6 individual cogs, HG lockring
- Compatible with HG11 and new Shimano 12-spd freehub bodies
- Options (*denotes titanium cog):
- 11-28T: 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17* - 18* - 19* - 21* - 24* - 28* (limited availability overall)
- 11-30T: 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17* - 19* - 21* - 24* - 27* - 30*
- 11-34T: 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 17* - 19* - 21* - 24* - 27* - 30* - 34*
- Finish: Titanium/Steel
- Weight: 11-28T tbd, 11-30T 223 grams, 11-34T 253 grams