Shimano Dura-Ace ST-R9250 Dual Control Lever
In late 2021 Shimano released their new Di2 12-Speed drivetrains, focusing predominantly on hydraulic disc braking moving forward, with wireless Di2 shift levers. The rim brake version did not get the wireless option, though the ports and wire set-up were updated for the 12-Speed generation battery, shift logic and functionality. Still, the levers did get other ergonomic and design features to also improve performance. Sold here as individual Left and Right lever-only, the 12-Speed Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 ST-R9250 shift/brake levers for an SLR-EV rim brake system offer unparalleled wired shifting speed with customizable set-up, and incredible braking modulation and control. All these features are integrated into Dual Control shift/brake levers that are both lightweight and ergonomic thanks to the use of state-of-the-art materials ensuring optimum comfort and control even under challenging conditions. Dropping 65 grams from their Ultegra siblings, these levers feature a higher quality build overall in hardware and the use of CFRP to reduce weight and improve strength.
Shimano's Dura-Ace Di2 has long delivered the most precise, most reliable, and most efficient electronic shifting. With the 12-Speed generation rim brake combination, the ST-R9250 Di2 shifters can be wired from left to right, then to the battery if desired, or together via a simple junction box, then with a wire to the 3-port BT-DN300 internal seatpost battery using the thinner, lighter, new generation SD300 e-Tube wires. Only one cable can run to the battery, as the Front and Rear Derailleurs are each wired directly to the internal seatpost battery for greater overall battery power and time between charges. Overall the system is highly efficient, delivering about 1200 miles of use varying with shifting needs. The R9250 Rear Derailleur now integrates the junction, adjust/status control, and charging port, so a Junction A is not otherwise required.
Shimano has made refinements to the lever body and shift button design, providing the rider with a clearly defined click feeling, via a more ergonomic shift lever for quick and intuitive shifting. The updated hood shape and texture optimize grip and brake power transmission, while also ensuring better bike control and confidence in all conditions. Select Left or Right, then go back and select the other if you need a pair. Paired sets may also be available in Excel# 110631. If that item doesn't come up in our search box, it means they are no longer available from Shimano as a pair.
- 12-Speed Di2 Dual Control Lever for SLR-EV rim brake use, with refined body and hood design
- Sold individually, Left or Right
- Designed for wired use with new generation R9250 Front and Rear Derailleurs via Di2 BT-DN300 battery
- Front and Rear Derailleurs are each wired directly to the internal seatpost battery for greater overall battery power and time between charges; Shifters are wired to each other or a junction box, then to the battery
- The thinner, lighter, new generation SD300 e-Tube wires carry signals faster than the SD50 wires
- Rear Derailleur now integrates the junction, D-Fly connectivity, adjust/status control, and charging port, negating need for a Junction A unit
- Di2 shifting can be adjusted to the rider's preferences via the e-Tube app, along with firmware update
- Shift speed can be set, plus fully or semi-synchronous shift mode can be selected and the program buttons on the shift lever can be assigned certain functions
- Both right and left levers feature the lever hood top accessory button, which can also be programmed for a variety of uses
- Clearly defined click feeling with ergonomic shift lever for quick and intuitive shifting
- Hood shape and texture optimize grip and brake power transmission, while also ensuring better bike control and confidence in all conditions
- 4.6mm longer reach on hood top for increased security and control
- Lever features Reach Adjust for up to 16.4mm of adjustability to best fit hand size, finger length
- Materials: Body, bracket, inner shift button, Brake lever are CFRP (Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic)
- Brake-type: SLR-EV Rim Brake | Optimal with BR-R9200, BR-R8000 series calipers
- Bodies each have 2 SD300 e-Tube wire ports, 1 port for SD300 satellite shifter
- Sold individually: Left, Right
- Finish: Black
- Weight: 115 grams (individual +/3 grams)