Dura-Ace ST-R9270 Dual Control Lever
Sold individually, as left or right, these Dura-Ace ST-R9270 Dual Control Levers are sold without the hydraulic disc brake caliper. With R9200-series 12-speed, Shimano has dropped cable-actuated shifting so the only option is the new Di2-equipped R9270 lever system for disc brakes (or the R9250 for rim brakes). There have been many changes to the Di2 system for this 12-speed group and the dual control levers carry significant differences from the R9170 11-speed models. All-new lever ergonomics on the Dura-Ace R9270 dual control levers bring new levels of rider comfort and control to road cycling. With the fastest wireless shifting available and even more precise brake modulation, these levers are the best Shimano has ever offered.
Yes, the R9200-series features wireless shifting from the shift levers to the derailleurs via a battery system. The shifters carry a coin cell battery which powers a dedicated, secure low power signal to the smart battery. No wires are required with the R9270 Dual Control Levers, but you do have the option of wiring them if you prefer. The front and rear derailleurs are each directly wired to the new 3-wiring port equipped BT-DN300 battery with new SD300 Di2 wires, which are thinner and lighter overall. The third port is available for a potential fully wired system from the shifters back. There is no junction box required at or near the levers, as that system has been moved directly into the body of the rear derailleur. Not only is the system faster, lighter and more efficient, it also eliminates complicated and challenging fully wired set-ups through today's fully integrated internal wiring that runs through bar to stem and onto fork then into frame.
Don't sleep on the ergonomic improvements. The lever bodies have a flat section that is 4.6mm longer for better support of the hand and body weight, but also have a taller peak, again for better grip and control. These two aspects were driven by cyclist feedback, from pros to everyday enthusiasts. The same can be said for the larger and more defined shift buttons. The levers are still compatible with new satellite shift buttons that do wire directly into the body. The new hood design has excellent cushion and grip texture, complementing the overall feel and shape of the lever bodies. The third, peak-top control switch is carried over from R9170, and this accessory button can be set-up to control compatible cycling compatible head units. Di2 set-up, shift and accessory button functions, battery level, and troubleshooting can all be done through the 4th generation E-Tube Project app via BLE communication available for iOS and Android smartphones, as well as the PC version.
On the hydraulic disc braking front, the R9270 levers now feature Shimano's SERVO WAVE ACTION brake technology. Each brake lever delivers modulation and control like never before thanks a new shape and leverage point. The action is lighter and smoother, but moderates the power with the aforementioned modulation for a more defined, effective braking action throughout the lever stroke. Remember, this listing does not include the hydraulic caliper or hydraulic hose kit, but the overall braking experience is also enhanced at the new caliper as well as the new Ice Technologies disc rotor design. The brake levers themselves still feature manual Reach Adjust at 16.4mm total range so people with shorter fingers or smaller hands can more reasonably control the brake lever pull while hands are in the drops or sitting on the lever tops.Return to Top
- Dual Control lever only, sold as a left or right, for 12-speed R9270 Di2 shifting with hydraulic disc braking
- Dura-Ace means premium build so lever features components like carbon fiber brake levers and titanium hardware
- Clean, simplified cockpit results from a wireless connection that enhances the aesthetic of your bike while keeping shifting lightning fast
- 1.5 to 2 years of battery life with easy-to-change CR1632 coin cell type shifter batteries
- Unparalleled ergonomics engineering refined with pros' feedback
- Shifter bodies are 4.6mm longer for better hand position and safe control
- Raised hood peak improves ergonomics, while the longer hood body increases hand support
- Dual Control levers compatible with R9200-series satellite shifters via SD300 Di2 wiring ports
- SERVO WAVE technology optimizes brake control with lighter, smoother lever action
- Enhanced modulation thanks to an expanded braking control area
- Lever action and design function as an integrated system with (not included) R9270 hydraulic caliper and disc rotor
- Hydraulic system uses safe, easy to clean-up Shimano Mineral Oil; easy bleed and service technology
- Custom button function vis BLE Di2 system and adjustable ergonomics via mechanical Reach Control
- Easily change button function with the 4th generation e-Tube app for iOS and Android
- Sold as individual levers only, without disc calipers or hydraulic hose kit (SM-BH90-JK-SSR)
- Options: Right, Left
- Finish: R9200-series, Carbon
- Weight: 175 grams