Shimano FC-MT9120-1 XTR Crank Arms
With the release of Shimano's XTR M9100 series components, the Japanese component giant continued their standard of offering two versions, one considered optimal for XC race, and one for trail use. Both are available as single or double ring versions. Thie MT9100/9120-1 single ring crank arm designs work with standard or Boost crank axle length and spacing, as in the 1x12 speed crankset has O.L.D. compatibility with both 142 and 148mm with a 52mm chainline. The Q-factor for this trail ready M9120 is 168mm. The FC-MT9120-XTR Crank Arms feature the redesigned direct mount spline chainring system, is a full-on Hollowtech II arm/spindle model, and has premium XTR-level materials and finish. Compatible single XTR CRM95 Chainrings in 30, 32, 34, 36, 38 tooth options are sold separately.
The design is compatible with external bearing threaded bottom brackets 73mm wide BB shells, as well as the Press Fit SM-BB94-41A bottom bracket. The forged, hollow aluminum arms are true XTR-level in weight, stiffness, and torsion resistance, as is the hollow steel spindle. The new direct mount chainring system requires the TL-FC41 Chainring Mounting Tool, which in the early release is included with the crankset. When you choose and install the CRM95 single ring chainring you'll have another masterpiece of stout and long wearing Shimano aluminum construction, which features the Dynamic Chain Engagement system. The DCE was developed as Shimano's 1x chainring tooth profile, which has proven highly effective and won't overly stress or wear chains in the process. Of course chainline, proper chain and cassette, and some routine maintenance all contribute to chain health and your well-being as well. The 12-speed Shimano mountain drivetrains require the 12-speed Hyperglide+ chain.
If you are interested in the XC-race M9100-1 trail model crankset, the features and design are very similar with some extra strength built into the trail version, with about a 20 gram weight decrease and a Q-factor of 162mm. A stated above, please be aware that the 1x crank arm models work with 142 or 148 Boost rear spacing, but the 2x models come in specific standard 142mm, or Boost 148mm versions.
- XTR 1x12 XC Trail-level MTB crank arm set for 1x12 use
- Wider 168mm Q-factor with 142 or 148mm O.L.D. compatibility
- Forged anodized aluminum construction for superior strength, light weight, stiffness
- Full Hollowtech II arm and spindle system, with new 12s direct mount ring design
- Requires XTR direct mount ring for HG+ 12-speed, w/ Dynamic Chain Engagement
- Includes TL-FC41 Chainring Mounting Tool, lockring
- Chainline: 52mm
- Can be used with 73mm threaded external BB shells, plus Press Fit SM-BB94-41A
- Lengths: 165, 170, 175 mm
- Weight: 534 grams (based on 175mm with 32T)