R55C4 Carbon Brake Pads 2 Pair
Need to replace a full set of carbon rim brake pads? Shimano offers a few different versions of replacement road brake pads (shoes) for carbon rims. If you are using recent 10 and 11 speed system road caliper or cantilever brakes, the R55C series pads are the correct fit and thickness, but the carbon specific rim pads also come in two pad thicknesses. The R55C4 Carbon is for carbon rims up to 19mm external width. A second version is the R55C4-A Carbon (sometimes listed as R55C4-1), in which each pad is 1mm thinner for best results with 19-26mm wide carbon rims (measured at brake surface). This 2-pair pack of R55C4 Carbon Brake Shoes is for carbon braking surfaces up to 19mm wide.
The R55C4 Carbon Brake Shoe compound was developed in conjunction with the R1900 Dura-Ace group to deliver consistent stopping power, control, and modulation on carbon rim surfaces in all conditions. Like virtually all carbon brake pads, the compound is less effective in wet conditions. If you get caught out in the rain, the pads still help keep you in control with a little caution, but wear faster. The compound is designed to limit heat build-up at the rim surface, limiting fade under heavy use. Durability and consistency are essential to rider confidence so the everyday performance of these carbon rim brake pads is greatly appreciated by cyclists. The segmented pad surfaces allow heat, dust, and water to release during use, with plenty of pad surface for power and control. Shimano includes two pair of brake pads (for two calipers), with the four set screws for installation.
Please keep in mind that many carbon rim manufacturers require, or recommend specific pad compounds or thicknesses for their rim brake surfaces. Take the time to study their requirements and only use the proper pads when specified. The R55C4 Carbon Brake Shoe is compatible with all Shimano full carbon braking surfaces on rims up to 19mm wide.Return to Top
- Two pair of road brake pads for recent Shimano road and cantilever brake systems on carbon braking surfaces with external width under 19mm
- Compound designed for every day use, in wet or dry conditions, ideal when dry
- Wet conditions wear pads more quickly, and reduce stopping power/control
- Durable, with long consistent wear in dry conditions when properly installed
- Slotted lines segment the pad surface to release heat, grime, water
- Works with dual pivot and direct mount calipers as listed below
- Two pair of pads outfits two brake calipers
- Includes four brake pads, four set screws w/ mild threadlocker for installation
- Fits: Shimano BR-9100, BR-9000, BR-9010, BR-8000, BR-7900, BR-7800, BR-7700, BR-6800, BR-6700, BR-6600, BR-6500, BR-5700, BR-5600, BR-5501, BR-5500, BR-R650, BR-R561, BR-R560, BR-CX70, as well as pad holders from other companies that use Shimano's holder/shoe standard
- Color: Black
- Note: Rim manufacturers often require specific brake pads for their brake surface material or design (grooved, textured, etc). Please use the correct pads for your rims for optimal safety and performance, as well as protecting the integrity of the rim