Many gravel riders and racers are currently underserved in terms of top quality, specific footwear options. Shimano has provided an ideal gravel race shoe, and thankfully, has built it with a women's last and shape for those with narrower, lower volume feet. While all riders can benefit from features found in mountain bike shoes, those models are typically overbuilt and heavier. With many road cyclists exploring gravel, their tastes in footwear drift towards road shoes with ultra-stiff soles delivering maximum pedaling efficiency. Shimano’s women's RX800 is designed to meet all of these needs in a balanced shoe optimized for gravel, and for those who find unisex shoes lacking from a fit perspective.
The RX800 design marries the top performance features of Shimano’s premium mountain bike and road racing footwear in a shoe that balances pedaling performance and off-the-bike capability. The result is a lightweight, stiff, walkable shoe that is ideal for gravel racers, gran fondo riders, and weekend warriors. The shoe features the technology and material package you expect from Shimano's upper echelon cycling footwear. The proven Dynalast shape for optimized toe-spring section, comfort and power. The supportive Heel Stabilizer cradles heel, prevents slipping. The Single Boa® IP1 with dual micro adjustment function allows quick, micro tension adjustments for mid and upper closure zones, which follow an anatomic cut and layout. The 20mm extended fore-aft cleat adjustment offers more SPD cleat position alignment flexibilty. Anatomic supportive insoles vent and have antimicrobial properties. So, yes this a gravel shoe, but one that leans towards race performance. To that end, the carbon composite outsole hits 10 out of 11 on the MTB-stiffness scale.
The outsole carries the lightweight, abrasion-resistant TPU lugs which offer the best balance of pedaling performance and off the bike capability. All of that is complemented by the Surround Upper pattern which was developed to provide the perfect balance of holding power and absolute all day comfort. The sole design is similar to the XC5, but with higher quality materials.
In other words, the RX800 Women's Gravel Shoe may well become a true all-rounder. It weighs about 30% less than the S-Phyre XC9 mountain shoe, which really defines why the RX800 was developed. Walking in gravel happens, but not as much as in MTB, and generally in less challenging situations. It is a truly functional cycling shoe that leans to toward road or XC race performance, but can be walked in when necessary without worry. The women's shoe carries the same materials and design, but in Shimano's women's specific last for a natural, comfortable fit for feet that are narrower and have lower overall volume. On top of all that the Navy colorway has a subtle Camo effect, you know- just because. Performance, style, lightweight; built with Shimano's tremendous commitment to quality and to providing the best cycling footwear to women. .Return to Top
- Lightweight performance women's gravel-oriented shoe with incredible fit, function
- Super stiff and lightweight carbon composite sole (10/11 on MTB scale)
- Lightweight, abrasion-resistant TPU lugs for the best balance of pedaling performance and off the bike capability
- Proven Dynalast shape for optimized toe-spring section, comfort and power
- Heel Stabilizer cradles heel, offer support, prevents slipping
- Silvadur technology fights bacteria and reduces odor
- Supple high-density synthetic leather/mesh with perforated venting for superior fit
- Surround upper pattern provides the perfect balance of holding power and absolute all day comfort
- Single Boa® IP1 with dual micro adjustment function allows quick, micro tension adjustments for mid and upper closure zones
- Toe box/metatarsal zone closure and adjustment from single Velcro strap
- Extended fore-aft cleat adjustment- now 20mm on the shoe
- SPD 2-bolt cleat pattern fits all MTB pedal systems
- High density cup insole with adaptable arch pads
- Anatomic supportive insole vents and has antimicrobial properties
- Customer feedback indicates the RX8 has less effective vertical volume than other Shimano shoes of the same size. Length runs true to Shimano sizing
- Women's specific last for a natural, comfortable fit- narrower, lower volume than unisex sizing of standard RX800
- Sizes: 37-42 (full sizes)
- Colors: Navy, Yellow Gold (w/Camo effect)
- Weight: 253 grams per shoe (size 40)