Lightweight, efficient, highly breathable and built with the transition friendly features you require as you set your next personal best, the Shimano SH-TR901 Triathlon Shoe takes inspiration from the S-Phyre road shoe. The water resistant, microfiber synthetic upper is supple and conforming while utilizing substantial perforation zones and mesh to keep your feet as cool and dry as possible. The external heel cup and internal fabric grip and hold the heel for maximum efficiency and control. This system factors into the Shimano Dynalast system, which has been engineered to keep the foot in the most anatomically efficient position throughout the pedal stroke. This superior shoe last design crucially features an optimized toe-spring section that promotes a smoother, more energy-efficient upstroke. Built based on feedback from pro riders, Shimano Dynalast helps reduce energy loss on long rides.
The base and power transferring component of any cycling shoe is the outsole. For the SH-TR901 Shimano developed a carbon composite model that is very stiff (rated 10 on a 12 scale) and efficient, but not overwhelmingly so. Many top end road shoes now have the stiffest soles ever made, but cyclists don't run after they ride, so giving the foot a mild amount of movement is actually a benefit. Shimano has long utilized their T1-Quick strap and extra-wide upper opening set-up for their tri shoes, and this version is matched for best use with the new upper. The set-up simplifies and quickens transitions, while the wide and forgiving upper hook and loop strap is easy to grasp and control. Having a separate toe box strap allows the user to find the right fit, especially as your feet swell after hours pedaling over hot roads. Shimano adds a larger rear loop for much easier grab and use in transition, completing smart and successful on-off capability.
The stock high density cup insole features adaptable arch pads and while many athletes use custom insoles or orthotics, many find the Shimano version offers good support and fit flexibility. To a similar train of the thought, Shimano has expanded the cleat adjustment range on the bottom of the shoe, so a Shimano SPD-SL cleat and the Extended Cleat Range mounting system now offers 22mm of fore-aft adjustment to accommodate greater bike fit needs. The unisex shoe is made in sizes from 36-50 (37-47 in half sizes), and is a clear upgrade for women over the TR5 Women's Tri shoe, so long as the fit works for you. Availability across the size range can be challenging, so if you don't see your size listed in the selection menu, please contact us and we can check with Shimano directly.
- Shimano's top-end unisex triathlon shoe with update inspired by S-Phyre road
- T1-Quick strap and extra-wide upper opening simplifies and quickens transitions
- Lightweight, rigid carbon fiber composite sole efficiently transfers power
- Water-resistant microfiber synthetic leather with strategic venting
- Breathable 3D mesh breathes great and dries fast
- External heel cup stabilizes heel
- Large heel loop is easier to grab
- Dynalast with optimized toe-spring section helps reduce energy loss on long rides
- Cleat/shoe allow for 22 mm of combined cleat-adjustment range
- Carbon sole rates at 10/12 on Shimano's road sole stiffness scale
- High density cup insole with adaptable arch pads
- Sizes:42-46 (other sizes can be ordered by request if available)
- Color: Blue
- Weight: 236 (each, size 43)