Shimano SH-WR84 Womens Road Shoe
Shimano has built it's new shoe line-up with a newly conceived original design and style. The WR84 Women's Road shoe is a stellar example, and while previous generations employed high levels of technology and materials, the fit and graphical effects were often found lacking. The Japanese company has carried over the impressive Dynalast sole and last system that delivers exceptional energy transmission from the foot down through the sole and cleat to the pedal. The shape, angle, and contours of Dynalast are proven. The stiffness of the WR84's carbon fiber composite sole rates at 10/12 on the Shimano scale. This is a race-worthy high performance shoe.
The new synthetic upper is supple and cut so that the anatomically placed straps can ensure a comfortable, supportive fit. The pattern and design are new, so past experience may not be the best indicator. Early reviewers tell us the new concept fits a broader range of foot shapes and volumes. The offset strap design has proven to keep pressure points off the bone structure of the upper foot. The top strap employs a newly designed, ultra low profile ratchet strap that offers two fixture points, allowing you to change the strap angle for the most appropriate heel lock and strap position depending on instep, foot volume or heel shape. The front half of the upper features mesh panels above the metatarsals and the synthetic material is perforated for breathability, while featuring graphics that are understated and attractive.
Air-flow and comfort are hallmarks of Shimano's road shoes, and an air intake is located on the sole ahead of the cleat. The cleat mount follows the standard Delta pattern, a three bolt triangle that nearly all road pedal systems have been designed to work with. Shimano gives you a wide surface area to work with, as well as additional fore-aft alignment flexibility (most cleats have this feature as well). The insole is lightweight, breathable, and has the proper anatomic shaping to complement Dynalast, as well as fit a wide range of fit needs. It is removable if you choose to use a custom or preferred insole.
Shimano is very excited about the WR84 and we can understand why. The design reflects changes based on dealer and customer feedback. Fit and comfort were a priority, and these shine, yet the sole performance of this $200 shoe far exceeds the price. Get ready for your season with the WR84 road shoe from Shimano and experience results that come from engineering and indispensable human input.
- High performance women's road shoe with supple, adjustable upper, stiff carbon sole
- Ultra-rigid, lightweight carbon composite sole with rubber heel/toe walking zones
- 3-bolt Delta style mounting system (SPD-SL, LOOK, Time, Speedplay- with adapter)
- Surround upper pattern provides the perfect balance of fit, absolute all-day comfort
- Adaptable closure system adjusts to various instep heights and shapes
- Three anatomically offset straps- one with ultra low profile ratchet, two with Velcro
- Dynalast sole and last system optimizes power transfer and arch support
- Ventilation from sole port, mesh toe panels, perforated mid-foot upper
- Upper is made from supple, lightweight, durable, synthetic material
- Color: Black, with blue highlights
- Sizes: 38-43 (by half size)
- Weight: 500 grams/pair (size 40)