Shimano Ultegra BR-R8070 Disc Brake Caliper
The Ultegra-series BF-R8070-Rear Disc Brake caliper was specially designed for the release of the R8000 hydraulic disc brake system, used with both mechanical and Di2 hydraulic Dual Control levers (ST-R8020, ST-R8070). The system is a major step up in road-specific performance of the previous RS785 model, which was essentially a XT-level mountain caliper.
The one piece aluminum caliper itself was built lighter and slimmer, with a Flat Mount design. As this is the front, the hardware comes with the unit, for various frame member sizes. Shimano has had great success with their mineral oil hydraulic One-Way bleeding system, and when used with Shimano IceTech disc rotors and pads, does an excellent job of heat management, delivering braking power and the modulation and subtle feel capability required for the precision of road braking requirements.
- Rear Ultegra level road hydraulic disc brake caliper, with pads
- Flat Mount system with 140/160 rotor compatibility, with hardware
- Use only with Shimano compatible road hydraulic levers, with Shimano Mineral Oil
- Includes: L03A Resin IceTech finned pads
- Compatible with Shimano SM-BH90-JK-SSR, SM-BH90-J-SSR brake hose kits
- Straight hose joint
- Compatible with Shimano One-Way Bleeding system
- Optimal use with 140mm/60mm Ultegra RT-800 or Dura-Ace RT-900 disc rotors (not included)
- Color: R8000 Gray
- Weight: 138 grams (dry)