Shimano Ultegra BR-R8170 Disc Brake Caliper
The new Ultegra BR-R8170 Disc Brake caliper combines with the R8170 Dual Control lever design featuring SERVO-WAVE action to deliver enhanced modulation, a quieter disc brake system, and an easier than ever bleed process. The initial braking point arrives faster, indicating better lever and caliper response, but many riders will more instinctively notice the modulation improvement over the previous generation. The dual piston design moves purely, with a resin piston that also saves weight and cost.
Shimano's redesign answered the challenges driven by pro and everyday cyclists alike by delivering 10% wider pad clearance and reduced heat. Less rub, and in combination with the newest rotors, less distortion in the rotor itself under heavy braking loads, particularly while descending. Another real improvement was made via the caliper design to better optimize and simplify the One Way Bleed system, which make maintenance simpler and more effective. Despite its smaller construction, the system is quieter than ever and easier to maintain.
The R8170 calipers are sold separately, Front or Rear, and include Shimano's dictated hardware (some frame or fork designs may require longer or shorter fixing bolts). If you don't have a hydraulic hose kit from an existing set-up or new levers, you will need the Shimano SM-BH90-JK-SSR model. Finned disc brake pads developed with Ice Technologies reduce heat and offer quiet stopping power.
- Updated Ultegra level road hydraulic disc brake caliper (sold Front or Rear), with pads
- Dual piston set-up with resin piston
- Flat Mount system with 140/160 mm rotor compatibility, with hardware
- Front features reversible mount adapter
- 10% wider pad clearance decreases brake noise
- Optimized for use with R8170 road hydraulic levers, with Shimano Mineral Oil
- Includes: L03A Resin IceTech finned pads
- Compatible with Shimano SM-BH90-JK-SSR hose kit
- Straight hose joint
- Features updated and improved One-Way Bleeding system
- Optimal use with RT-MT800/RT-MT900 disc rotors
- Color: R8170 Darkest Grey
- Weight: 146 (Front) 136 (Rear)