Shimano Ultegra ST-R8020 Dual Control Lever w Caliper
The Shimano Ultegra ST-R8020 Dual Control levers were designed to work with all Shimano 11 speed drivetrains that require mechanical cable-actuated shifting, paired with hydraulic flat mount brakes. Though we offer a complete set that includes right and left Dual Control brake/shift levers with attached and pre-bled road flat mount hydraulic disc brake calipers, Shimano is also offering each side's lever/caliper set-ups as individual items. Also included are Shimano's low-friction polymer shift cables, OT-SP41 housing and small parts that all come delivered in smart, well crafted retail packaging.
Beyond reliability and performance, the R8020 mechanical/hydraulic levers are easy to set-up and service, and a clear upgrade and improvement of the RS685 system previously shared between Dura-Ace 9000 and Ultegra 7800. Initial installation and maintenance is simple, as Shimano has made bleeding brake s an easy task and dare we say fun. The hydraulic brake lines get wrapped under your bar tape just like traditional housing which gives the front of the bike a clean and uncluttered look and function. The disc calipers are fresh R8000 series designs that feature ceramic pistons and easy access bleed ports. The calipers deliver excellent power and feature IceTech, the cooling system that Shimano employs on the brake pads via cooling fins. This keeps the pads and caliper working properly, even under consistent braking on a long downhill ride. The pad life is extended without the damage overheating can wreak. Shimano recommends the Ice Tech stainless-alloy-stainless clad disc rotors for optimal performance.
Since your frame, fork and riding requirements fork dictate rotor size, rotors are sold separately. The flat mount calipers come stock to fit 140mm rotors, and require a Shimano adapter to fit a 160mm rotor. When it comes to rotor selection, we recommend completeing the synergy and installing Shimano Ice Tech rotors. IceTech features an clad stainless steel-alloy-stainless steel rotor disc construction, which is mounted to an alloy spider. This combination yields the ultimate in heat reduction for much improved modulation and decreased brake fade.
Adaptation to disc on road is made easy when Shimano serves up this type of performance in a simple to service package. Beyond road, the ST-R8020 is a stock component for many gravel and cyclocross bikes. Given that at times a crash may damage a lever, we appreciate Shimano offering Front (Left) and Rear (Right) options individually
- Designed for Shimano 11 speed drivetrains with mechanical (cable) shifting and hydraulic disc braking
- Left or Right Dual Control levers and attached pre-bled flat mount R8070 hydraulic disc calipers, as well as shift cables and housing
- Small profile levers with internal brake reservoir
- Shimano brake system uses non-caustic mineral oil for hydraulic fluid
- Shift cables, housings, small parts included
- Ice Tech finned disc pads dissipate heat to maintain performance
- Pad design shared with Dura-Ace R9100 and M8000/M9000/ mountain calipers
- Clean, safe and simple mineral oil bleeding/maintenance system
- Color: R8000 Ultegra Grey fade
- Sold as Front (Left) or Right (Rear)