Shimano Ultegra ST-R8070 Dual Control Lever w Caliper
The now legendary 11-speed Di2 electronic shifting is has hit second generation 11-speed Ultegra with the ST-R8070 Di2 Dual Control Levers for hydraulic disc brakes. The R8070 Di2 levers serve up an entirely new hydraulic disc braking system that was developed from the shift/brake levers all the way down to the brake rotors. Overall in the process of developing Ultegra R8000, new ergonomic and efficiencies were built into the shifting systems for both mechanical and electronic versions, with options added via the E-Tube project for customizing the shifting set-up of the R8070 Di2 models. Packaged here as individual Right or Left set-ups, with a R8070 Dual Control Di2/hydraulic brake lever/caliper set-up and SM-BH90 hydraulic hose kit; the buyer still needs to build the E-Tube Di2 wire connection kits required for their bike and desired set-up, as well as disc brake rotors.
The new Di2 system offers substantial opportunities for direct customization via e-Tube. You can set your carbon shift levers up for Shimano's SyncroShift with two primary options. In fully synchronized shifting, the front derailleur automatically shifts off the placement and shifting of the rear derailleur in combination based on your choices. In semi-syncronization mode, the rider shifts both front and rear normally, but front shifts are augmented by an automated rear shift to moderate the large jumps and pedal lag that can cause. In normal shifting mode you can still program the shift buttons to your preference for which each shift action each lever actuates, or even control compatible computer head unit mode or screen buttons. The E-Tube system allows to do all this from their app on mobile devices or directly through a PC interface. With E-Tube, your system must all be set-up and physically connected, and for the new system you will need to be using a BM-DN100 (external battery mount) or BT-DN110 (built-in battery) and EW-WU101 ANT/BLE wireless connector.
From a physical perspective, the new R8070 hydraulic lever is almost the exact same physical size and shape as it's mechanical brother. Slimmer, with much better ergonomics than ever before, as well as lighter weight, these levers shift a more refined electronic drivetrain with a more positive button response. You still have the capability for integrating with for satellite (sprinter, climber) buttons as well. The new textured hood design provides excellent grip, some mild cushion, and covers the lightweight new plastic composite body housing. The strength and reliability of the housing is what allowed Shimano to engineer the shift action and hydraulic interface down to it's most compact size.
- New Di2 Dual Control road Lever/Caliper for Ultegra 11-speed R8070 electronic shifting and hydraulic braking- sold as Right or Left assemblies
- Completely new ergonomics and housing design keeps size same as mechanical
- Refined lever shapes and throws, with increased positive response on button push
- Brake lever features free-stroke adjustment for lever and pad contact placement
- 11-speed Di2 shifting system requires E-Tube components and battery, specific to your needs and bike set-up
- E-Tube system controlled directly with cable via PC, or mobile via E-Tube App
- E-Tube allows for two SyncroShift modes, as well as button purpose customization
- Shift button controls can customize shift or compatible computer head unit control
- Calipers designed for use with 140mm, 160mm disc rotors
- Tool provided for managing E-Tube cable heads without damaging them
- Includes: Right or Left Di2 shifting / hydraulic disc brake Dual Control levers and R8070 flat mount disc brake caliper, hydraulic hose and disc brake fittings