Smith Network MIPS Helmet
The Smith Network MIPS helmet is the perfect blend of safety, style, versatility and performance. Cyclists will welcome the clean, modern design combined with the superior protection and ventilation properties that only Koroyd can provide. Koroyd is featured in strategic, zonal impact areas offering increased protection where it matters most. As eyewear integration is mandatory for this rider, the AirEvac system works to pull air off of your eyewear to prevent fogging. Pass-through channels allow eyewear to be easily stored on the front of the helmet.
Build wise beyond the Koroyd feature, Smith uses a lightweight Aerocore EPS in-mold construction process with an integrated skeletal structure. The helmet offers impact protection and energy dissipation, but as a MIPS layer helmet, brain injury prevention is advanced. MIPS works in two planes, allowing the helmet structure to move under impact while keeping the head more stable, sharply reducing risk of brain shearing and rebound effects within the skull.
Smith's objective and design philosophy behind the Aerocore construction is to increase airflow, improve temperature regulation resulting in fog-free vision and improve impact resistance. The objective was achieved through the combination of material in this case EPS and Koroyd, a revolutionary new material that absorbs more energy upon impact when compared to international standards, while increasing airflow. The AirEvac system then relieves and releases the hotter, wetter air from the helmet- all without sacrificing protection and comfort.
The retention for the Network comes from the VaporFit adjustable fit system, which features a smart overall design and pads with the XT2 anti-bacterial performance lining that keeps you cooler, drier and healthier. The straps are easy to manage and feature an ultra-light single layer webbing that is soft and pliable. Coming from an optics company, you know the Trace has excellent eyewear integration and smart design with your glasses on or off. Finally, the Network is camera/light mount compatible. All this protection, ventilation and clean design weighs in at 300 grams for a Medium.
- Mid-range road helmet design with top range features featuring innovative structural, safety, cooling systems
- Lightweight Aerocore in-mold construction integrated skeletal structure, EPS, MIPS
- Complete ventilated protection zone featuring Koroyd
- AirEvac ventilation featuring 20 intake/exhaust vents
- VaporFit adjustable fit system w/XT2 anti-bacterial performance lining
- Ultra-light single layer webbing and slim buckles for easy use
- Ultimate eyewear integration with ported sides
- Camera & light mount compatible
- Adjustable/removable visor
- MIPS-equipped sizes: Small (51-55cm), Medium (55-59cm), Large (59-62cm)
- Color: Matte White, Matte Gravy, Matte Neon Yellow Viz, Black/Matte Cement
- Weight: 300 grams (Medium)