Specialized Air Tool Road Frame Pump
Full frame pumps are rare these days, and this one isn't a true frame pump, but it is no mini, either. The updated Air Tool Road Frame Pump from Specialized comes with a water bottle boss mount, and features an inverted double chamber design increases the air handling capacity by 25% compared to the previous design, reducing pumping time by up to two minutes. That is real world improvement worth considering before you find yourself on the side of the road.
The Presta valve only Air Tool Road is a minimalist frame pump that provides efficiency and reliability for high-pressure road tires. It is rated to 100psi, which is more inline with the range of today's higher volume tires. The head is simple, you just press it on the open Presta valve. No lever or threading. As with many such pumps you do need to brace the valve and pump head with one hand, while pumping with the other, but the design keeps the process efficient and manageable. Build wise, the Air Tool Road chambers are made with aluminum, and the exterior has a subtly textured machined surface to help with grip. An attached dust cover protects the valve head while riding.
- Minimalist frame pump that provides efficiency and reliability for high-pressure road tires
- Inverted double chamber design increases the air handling capacity by 25% over previous version
- Presta-only head keeps size and weight to a minimum
- Subtly textured machined outer barrel for extra grip while pumping
- All-aluminum inner and outer chamber for durable performance
- Updated dust cover design prevents pump from opening due to vibration
- Head just pushes and holds- no locking lever required
- Water bottle boss mount included
- Max pressure: 100 PSI (6.9 bar)
- Volume-per-stroke: 60cc
- Color: Black
- Weight: 98 grams (pump), 20 grams (bracket w/ hardware)