Specialized Diverge Expert Carbon Bicycle
The Specialized Diverge is one of the hottest gravel platforms because it has a geometry that is as versatile as the terrain it was designed to dominate, and is just as happy with 700c or 650b wheels. The geometry fields an evolved balance just as happy racing or playing as it does on your next bikepacking weekend. The complete Diverge Expert Carbon GRX bike is well equipped either way, with a wide range Shimano 1x11 speed GRX Di2 groupset featuring electronic shifting and hydraulic disc braking. This build is set-up for balance overall, with 700c wheels and 38mm Specialized Pathfinder Pro tires. If you are looking for a fun and flexible gravel bike with incredible shifting performance, this is the one you have to look closely at.
The FACT9r carbon frame was developed for the proper balance of performance and compliance. It is similar in every way to the S-Works Diverge with a one step difference in the carbon grade. All of the frameset bells and whistles are here with a SWAT box, plenty of frame and fork bosses for various accessories to get you for an adventure weekend. The frameset features the Future Shock 2.0, the ultimate technology for the gravel rider. With 20mm of axial compliance and a hydraulic damper, Future Shock 2.0 suspends the rider not the bike. This keeps you confident and in control, able to keep the power down and stay off the brakes over rough dirt roads and in thick loose gravel, all while keeping your hands, arms and neck fresh. Since Future Shock 2.0’s damper is adjustable, you’ll be ready for the rough stuff and efficient on smooth pavement.
The design team tossed gravel geometry "status-quo" out the window. The new Diverge has the most progressive geometry Specialized has ever created for a drop bar model, giving riders a capable and stable bike in the dirt, that still feels responsive and nimble on the road. They have increased the frame’s reach, introduced a slacker head tube and a longer offset fork. The combination integrates perfectly to create incredible confidence with a planted feeling in the dirt, while allowing for spec’ing shorter stem lengths that keep the overall cockpit length the same and the steering lively. The geometry also keeps the bottom bracket low enough to increase stability, but high enough to utilize with 650b wheels, should you choose that build option. As nothing unlocks a bike’s capability like tire clearance, the new Diverge features room for a legitimate 47mm tire mounted on a 700c wheel or a 2.1” with a 650b wheel. Thanks to a driveside chainstay utilizing a solid beam of carbon behind the chain rings the engineers created clearance without using a fragile dropped chain stay design or increasing chain stay length, at 425mm on all frame sizes.
The 1x GRX drivetrain has 40T ring which is matched with a matched with an 11-42 XT cassette. The precision shifting of Di2 Dual Control levers and the Di2 GRX 817 rear derailleur is flawless over rough terrain, while the mineral oil disc braking system provides power and control while being easy and safe to service. A custom wheelset is based off DT G540 TLR rims and super smooth Specialized Center Lock disc brake thru-axle hubset. Specialized supplies the cockpit, with partner Roval delivering the lightweight, compliant Terra Carbon round seatpost, which carries a Body Geometry Power Expert Saddle. The 12 degree flare of the compact Adventure Gear Hover handlebar offers all terrain leverage and quick hand transitions. Designed to integrate with the Future Shock 2.0 fork, the Future Stem Pro stem is stiff, and strong with a reasonable weight. Roubaix S-Wrap has grip and comfort you'll appreciate.
The complete package is perfect match of performance and overall value at a great price point for such a capable bike with Di2 shifting. It was designed to be a pleasure to ride over long distances and variable terrain, as capable on pavement or light trails as it is rumbling over gravel. You can push it hard and it will just want more, with your spirit and imagination the only limits on potential excitement and adventure.
- Agile, capable disc gravel bike featuring 1x11 GRX Di2 groupset, carbon frame, innovative suspension fork system
- Optimally versatile for a wide variety of gravel and adventure use, from race to bike packing
- Specialized Diverge FACT 9r carbon, SWAT™ Door integration, Future Shock suspension, threaded BB, internal routing, 12/142mm thru-axle, Flat Mount disc
- Responsive, quick and lively under power, but stable and confidence inspiring
- All new progressive gravel geometry w/ increased reach, slacker head tube, longer offset fork
- Use of shorter stem keeps the overall cockpit length the same and the steering lively
- Bottom bracket height is kept low, but still allows for 650b wheel use
- Future Shock 2.0 w/ Damper, Smooth Boot, FACT carbon, 12/100mm thru-axle, Flat Mount disc
- 20mm of axial compliance and adjustable hydraulic damper that suspends the rider, not the bike
- Smooth boot and spacer design creates a clean look and functional protection
- Plenty of frame bosses for racks, along with fork and top tube mounts
- Driveside chain stay utilizes a solid beam of carbon for clearance without potential fragility
- Tire clearance: 47mm w/ 700c wheel, 2.1” with a 650b wheel
- Shimano 11s groupset: GRX RX815 Dual Control Levers/hydraulic calipers, Di2 Shift electronic shift/ disc braking, GRX RX817 Di2 Rear Derailleur
- RX810-1 Hollowtech II Crankset 40T, BSA threaded BB, M8000 XT 11-42 cassette, CN701 chain, RT80 Center Lock disc rotors, 160mm
- Internal routing, Di2 e-Tube wiring with seatpost battery, bar-end EW-RS910 Internal Junction Box
- Wheelset: DT Swiss G540 rims, 24mm IRW, TLR, 24h 2x; Specialized hubset, CL disc
- Pathfinder Pro 2Bliss Ready tires, transparent sidewall, 700x38mm; w/tubes
- Specialized kit: Adventure Gear Hover, 103mm drop x 70mm reach x 12° flare; Future Stem Pro, Roubaix S-Wrap
- Roval Terra Carbon Seatpost, 27.2mm, 20mm offset, with BG Power Expert Saddle
- SWAT: Integrated SWAT door, internal storage system
- Sizes | Included component spec by bike size
- 49cm | Post: 330mm | Bar: 38cm | Stem: 60mm | Crank: 170mm | Saddle width: 155mm
- 52cm | Post: 330mm | Bar: 40cm | Stem: 70mm | Crank: 170mm | Saddle width: 155mm
- 54cm | Post: 380mm | Bar: 42cm | Stem: 80mm | Crank: 172.5mm | Saddle width: 143mm
- 56cm | Post: 380mm | Bar: 42cm | Stem: 90mm | Crank: 172.5mm | Saddle width: 143mm
- 58cm | Post: 380mm | Bar: 44cm | Stem: 100mm | Crank: 175mm | Saddle width: 143mm
- 61cm | Post: 380mm | Bar: 44cm | Stem: 100mm | Crank: 175mm | Saddle width: 143mm
- Sizes: 49, 52, 54, 56, 58, 61 cm
- Color: Satin Oak Green Metallic/Gloss White/Chrome/Clean, Gloss Raspberry/Redwood/Black/Chrome/Wild Ferns
- Weight: TBD
|Top Tube Length||515mm||529mm||542mm||558mm||573mm||589mm||605mm||628mm|
|Head Tube Length||99mm||99mm||104mm||116mm||133mm||159mm||185mm||209mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||80mm||80mm||80mm||80mm||80mm||80mm||80mm||80mm|