Specialized Diverge Sport Carbon Bicycle
Offered in a vast range of sizes, and priced to offer more riders the opportunity to ride the updated 2021 frameset, this Specialized Diverge Sport Carbon GRX Bicycle is well equipped and ready for daily or special adventures. With the same frame design and geometry of the vaunted S-Works version, the Diverge Sport Carbon delivers tremendous value and performance with a 2x11 Shimano GRX groupset and hydraulic disc braking. The pure joy and excitement of allroad cycling is exemplified by the capabilities of the Diverge design.
The FACT8r carbon frame was developed for the proper balance of performance and compliance. It is similar in every way to the S-Works Diverge with a grade difference in the carbon fiber utilized and the impact on weight. All of the frameset bells and whistles are here with plenty of frame and fork bosses for various accessories to get you for an adventure weekend. The frameset features the Future Shock 1.5, the ultimate technology for the gravel rider. With 20mm of axial compliance and a hydraulic damper, Future Shock 1.5 suspends the rider not the bike. This keeps you confident and in control, able to keep the power down and stay off the brakes over rough dirt roads and in thick loose gravel, all while keeping your hands, arms and neck fresh. The damper has been tuned for gravel riding.
The design team tossed gravel geometry "status-quo" out the window. The new Diverge has the most progressive geometry Specialized has ever created for a drop bar model, giving riders a capable and stable bike in the dirt, that still feels responsive and nimble on the road. They have increased the frame’s reach, introduced a slacker head tube and a longer offset fork. The combination integrates perfectly to create incredible confidence with a planted feeling in the dirt, while allowing for spec’ing shorter stem lengths that keep the overall cockpit length the same and the steering lively. The geometry also keeps the bottom bracket low enough to increase stability, but high enough to utilize with 650b wheels, should you choose that build option. As nothing unlocks a bike’s capability like tire clearance, the new Diverge features room for a legitimate 47mm tire mounted on a 700c wheel or a 2.1” with a 650b wheel. Thanks to a driveside chainstay utilizing a solid beam of carbon behind the chain rings the engineers created clearance without using a fragile dropped chain stay design or increasing chain stay length, at 425mm on all frame sizes.
The GRX groupset is a combination of 800, 600, and 400 level components. The 2x GRX drivetrain has 46-30T GRX 600 crankset, and is matched with a matched with an 11-34 R7000 cassette. The GRX 600 Dual Control levers deliver efficient mechanical shifting, along with the power and control hydraulic disc brakes. The front and rear derailleurs are GRX 810, which ensure precision chain action over rough terrain, while the mineral oil disc braking system with GRX 400 calipers provides power and control while being easy and safe to service. A custom wheelset is based off DT G540 TLR rims and super smooth Specialized Center Lock disc brake thru-axle hubset. Equipped with 700x38mm Pathfinder Sport tires, this bike is ready to roll. Specialized supplies the cockpit, with 27.2mm Carbon round seatpost, which carries a Body Geometry Power Comp Saddle. The 12 degree flare of the compact Adventure Gear Hover handlebar offers all terrain leverage and quick hand transitions. Designed to integrate with the Future Shock 1.5 fork, the Future Stem Comp is stiff, and strong with a reasonable weight. Roubaix S-Wrap has grip and comfort you'll appreciate.
The complete package is perfect match of performance and overall value at a great price point for such a capable bike. It was designed to be a pleasure to ride over long distances and variable terrain, as capable on pavement or light trails as it is rumbling over gravel. You can push it hard and it will just want more, with your spirit and imagination the only limits on potential excitement and adventure.
- Agile, capable gravel bike featuring 2x11 GRX 600 mechanical drivetrain/hydraulic disc braking, carbon frame, innovative suspension fork system all at a great price point
- Optimally versatile for a wide variety of gravel and adventure use, from race to bike packing
- Specialized Diverge FACT 8r carbon, Future Shock suspension, threaded BB, internal routing, 12/142mm thru-axle, Flat Mount disc
- Responsive, quick and lively under power, but stable and confidence inspiring
- All new progressive gravel geometry w/ increased reach, slacker head tube, longer offset fork
- Use of shorter stem keeps the overall cockpit length the same and the steering lively
- Bottom bracket height is kept low, but still allows for 650b wheel use
- Future Shock 1.5 w/Smooth Boot, FACT carbon, 12x100 mm thru-axle, flat-mount
- 20mm of axial compliance tuned for gravel riding that suspends the rider, not the bike
- Smooth boot and spacer design creates a clean look and functional protection
- Plenty of frame bosses for racks, along with fork and top tube mounts
- Driveside chain stay utilizes a solid beam of carbon for clearance without potential fragility
- Tire clearance: 47mm w/ 700c wheel, 2.1” with a 650b wheel
- Shimano 11s groupset: GRX 600 Dual Control Levers for mechanical shift/ hydraulic disc braking, GRX 810 Front (braze-on) & Rear Derailleurs, GRX400 Flat Mount disc calipers
- RX600-2 Hollowtech II Crankset 46-30T, BSA threaded BB, R7000 105 11-34 cassette, CN601 chain, RT70 Center Lock disc rotors, 160mm
- Wheelset: DT Swiss G540 rims, 24mm IRW, TLR, 24h 2x; Specialized TA hubset, CL disc
- Fork spacing-type: 12/100mm thru-axle; Rear dropout: 12/142mm thru-axle
- Pathfinder Sport tires, Black 700x38mm; w/tubes
- Specialized kit: Adventure Gear Hover, 103mm drop x 70mm reach x 12° flare; Future Stem Comp, Roubaix S-Wrap
- Specialized Carbon Seatpost, 27.2mm, 20mm offset, with BG Power Comp Saddle
- Sizes | Included component spec by bike size
- 44cm | Post: 350mm | Bar: 38cm | Stem: 60mm | Crank: 165mm | Saddle width: 155mm
- 49cm | Post: 350mm | Bar: 38cm | Stem: 60mm | Crank: 165mm | Saddle width: 155mm
- 52cm | Post: 350mm | Bar: 40cm | Stem: 70mm | Crank: 170mm | Saddle width: 155mm
- 54cm | Post: 400mm | Bar: 42cm | Stem: 80mm | Crank: 172.5mm | Saddle width: 143mm
- 56cm | Post: 400mm | Bar: 42cm | Stem: 90mm | Crank: 172.5mm | Saddle width: 143mm
- 58cm | Post: 400mm | Bar: 44cm | Stem: 100mm | Crank: 175mm | Saddle width: 143mm
- 61cm | Post: 400mm | Bar: 44cm | Stem: 100mm | Crank: 175mm | Saddle width: 143mm
- 64cm | Post: 400mm | Bar: 44cm | Stem: 110mm | Crank: 175mm | Saddle width: 143mm
- Sizes: 44, 49, 52, 54, 56, 58, 61, 64 cm
- Colors: Gloss Forest Green/Ice, Satin Cast Blue Metallic/Ice Blue/Chrome/Clean
- Weight: 20.68 (49cm)
|Top Tube Length||515mm||529mm||542mm||558mm||573mm||589mm||605mm||628mm|
|Head Tube Length||99mm||99mm||104mm||116mm||133mm||159mm||185mm||209mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||80mm||80mm||80mm||80mm||80mm||80mm||80mm||80mm|