The Phenom saddle line by Specialized was developed for all-terrain use, and the Pro Elaston offers the best combination of comfort, lightweight and overall technology. The shape and design has long been popular as a versatile mountain bike option, as well as a top choice for cyclocross training over the years. It is more comfortable than many racing models but still an option on the pavement, and has become a go-to saddle for serious gravel and adventure riders. A carbon-reinforced shell with flexible Adaptive Edge technology adapts to your body for a custom fit and all-day comfort while being resilient over time and still offering excellent pedaling dynamics. A full length recessed channel spans a center cut out, shaped and designed with Body Geometry science, lab-tested to ensure blood flow to sensitive arteries.
Of course, the overall comfort effect is also dictated by the moderate Level 2 level applied Elaston padding, which is made using small beads that are expanded into foam which Specialized describes as “the feeling of sitting on 1,000 miniature pillows”, offering far, far more comfort, support and protection than you'd expect, especially at the these saddle weights. The designers of the Phenom created a tail that features rounded edges and corners, for easy and no-snag movement when the rider gets behind the saddle for technical descents. Structurally, the carbon-reinforced shell is carried by 7x9mm oval FACT carbon rails; the combination of which is what keeps the saddles light, yet resilient and consistent over many hours of riding.
The Phenom Pro Elaston Saddle is available in two Body Geometry widths- based on ideal sit bone placement and subsequent lift, at 143mm and 155mm, with modest weights. With the boom in the gravel discipline, the Phenom design, which has been popular for some time, to be even more widely embraced given it's combination of performance and comfort, and the Pro Elaston is ideal for riders who log hours and miles, and desire a weight competitive saddle.Return to Top
- Light, surprisingly comfortable performance minded saddle equipped for all-terrain use and long hours on the bike, featuring Elaston foam
- Patented Body Geometry design is lab-tested to ensure blood flow to sensitive arteries via proper width and relief channel placement
- Carbon-reinforced shell w/ flexible Adaptive Edge technology adapts to your body for a custom fit, all-day comfort
- Level 2 Elaston foam provides unrivaled comfort and support on longer rides
- Elaston is made using small beads that are expanded into foam
- Low friction panels on the nose and tail improve pedaling efficiency and mobility while moving on and off the saddle
- FACT carbon oval (7x9mm) rails add more overall platform stiffness, reduce weight, mitigate vibration
- Rails not compatible with side-loading seatpost heads designed for 7x7mm round rails, will work with most vertical style-clamps- follow all clamp torque specifications
- SWAT™-compatible mounts molded into the saddle base allow for sleek, integrated storage solutions
- Width options: 143mm, 155mm
- Color: Black
- Weight: 209 grams (actual, 143mm width), 218 grams (actual, 155mm)