Specialized Recon 1.0 Mountain Shoe
Specialized's goal with Recon 1.0 was simple: put S-Works Recon-inspired performance in a very accessible price point. Easier said than done, but the design team created a shoe with proven Body Geometry comfort and real riding efficiency in a durable, dirt-focused shoe that is actually more versatile.
The dominant reason a rider opts for a cycling-specific shoe is pedaling performance, and in the case of an entry-level performance shoe like the Recon 1.0, the ability to safely walk and transition on and off the bike is also imperative. Using their exclusive STRIDE toe-flex technology, the designers spec'ed a nylon outsole that utilizes a TPU injected forefoot zone for natural movement off-bike, while still providing a stiffness index of 6.0 for in-the-saddle performance, making the Recon 1.0 a double threat—efficiency at the pedals with comfort and confidence off bike.
The three Velcro closures on the upper make slipping into the Recon 1.0 easy, and creates a manageable fit designed for all day comfort and performance, whether your ride calls for open gravel, twisting single track, and even more than your fair share of hike-a-bike. To create traction off the bike in wet or dry, gravel or dirt, the nylon outsole has been covered with Specialized's SlipNot compound and tread system that offers grip an control. The heel has also been lifted for a more natural feeling while walking, making the Recon 1.0 a nice option for a bike commuter who needs a good pedaling platform, safe walking, and ruggedness that can handle harsher urban environments.
The sole also features the fore-aft adjustment desired with the ubiquitous 2-bolt MTB style pedal-cleat systems. Overall, this is a very capable shoe you can utilize and enjoy in a variety of cycling activities. Why pick one when you can experience several?
- Entry-level MTB-style cycling shoe inspired by performance, comfort, and functionality
- Well equipped, value packed shoe that is a great starter shoe for new trail riders, commuters, recreational road and gravel cyclists who want to be able walk safely, comfortably when necessary
- Body Geometry sole and footbed are built with purpose and backed by science to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce the chance of injury by optimizing hip, knee, and foot alignment.
- Injection STRIDE toe-flex technology allows for natural toe movement off-bike but remains stiff for pedaling (stiffness index 6.0)
- Perforated upper with mesh zone under the closure area for moisture release, air infiltration
- Three ergonomically place Velcro closures for fast, simple, fit adjustment
- Slip-not™ rubber tread for confident traction on all terrain
- Two-bolt cleat pattern fits all major MTB pedals; 2 sets of receivers, fore-aft adjustment
- Approximate weight: 331g (1/2 pair, Size 42)
- Sizes: 36-49 (Not all sizes may be available- please contact us with questions)
- Color: Black, Oak Green
- Weight: 331 grams (per shoe, size 42)
Helmets- Evade II, Prevail II, Echelon II, Propero III, Airnet
|Head Circumference||51-56cm (20-22")||55-59cm (21¾-23¼")||59-63cm (23¼-24¾")|
|US Shoe Size||4-6||7-9||10-12||13+|
|Specialized Euro Shoe Size||36-39||40-42||43-45||46+|
Mens Shorts, Bibs, Knickers & Tights
Mens Jerseys, Jackets & Vests
|Middle Finger Length||<7.6cm||7.6-8cm||8.1-8.6cm||8.6-9cm||9-9.4cm||>9.4cm|
|Palm Circumference||<21.5cm||21.5-22cm||22-22.5cm||22.5-23.5cm||23.5 - 24.5cm||>24.5cm|
|Middle Finger Length||<6.4cm||6.4-6.9cm||6.9-7.4cm||7.4-7.8cm||7.8-8.4cm||>8.4cm|