Specialized Recon 2.0 Mountain Shoe
Just because winning an XC World Cup isn’t on your to-do list, doesn’t mean you don’t value performance, comfort and varying experiences. The Specialized Recon 2.0 Mountain Shoe is your shoe. Inspired by S-Works Recon, with Body Geometry comfort and efficiency, Recon 2.0 puts all that performance within easy reach. Employing exclusive STRIDE toe-flex technology, the nylon outsole uses a TPU injected forefoot for natural movement off-bike, while still providing a stiffness index of 6.0 for in the saddle performance. Given the user case, the designers also lifted the heel for an even more natural feeling while walking.
The comfortable, supportive upper features the XPEL mesh that is so successful at allowing water and moisture to escape, either from a hard slog on a hot day, mud puddles or a river portage where map said there was a bridge. Differing from the Recon 3.0, a single L6-Snap BOA dial is used for the upper two anchor zones of the closure set-up, but with the wire system and informed shape, cut, and placement it works great. A Velcro forefoot closure ensure micro-adjustable comfort all around, with a secure fit designed for all-day comfort and performance, whether your ride calls for open gravel, twisting single track, and even more than your fair share of hike-a-bike.
To create traction while off the bike in wet or dry, gravel or dirt, Specialized covered the nylon sole with other full coverage SlipNot compound. The tread pattern offers stability and control while pushing the bike on a trail, heading into the general store, or clambering up a rock to get a great view and a photo. A protective soft shell toe guard is always appreciated, as is generous sliding 2-bolt cleat mounting plate that also has 2 sets of mounts to maximize the fore-aft positioning.
The Recon 2.0 may not have the competition-level chops of the 3.0, but it will surely suit the needs of a huge group of sport riders who simply love to ride and choose to expand their horizons on gravel, trail, or mixed use and material paths and bike trails. These folks want performance and room to develop- to justify the Recon 3.0 next time, or just feel like they are maximizing their experience, and their money.
- Intermediate/sport level MTB shoe with versatile sole design, advanced tread grip, excellent power transfer, and overall comfort on or off the bike
- Diverse users looking to gain experience(s) can tackle MTB trails, go crazy with gravel rides and events, even transition to cyclocross season with confidence
- Body Geometry sole and footbed are built with purpose and backed by science to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce the chance of injury by optimizing hip, knee, and foot alignment
- Longitudinal Arch, 1.5mm built-in Varus Wedge angle, and Metatarsal Button
- Exclusive STRIDE toe-flex technology for nylon sole uses a TPU injected forefoot for off-bike grip and comfort; Stiffness Index 6.0 MTB scale)
- XPEL Mesh upper to create a comfortable fit that breathes and releases moisture
- Welded upper reduces seams for superior step-in comfort
- Single, dual position BOA® L6-Snap dial for on-the-fly micro-adjustment
- Slip-not™ rubber tread for confident traction on all terrain with removable toe studs
- Two-bolt cleat pattern fits all major MTB pedals; 2 sets of receivers, fore-aft adjustment
- Sizes: 36-49 (Not all sizes may be available- please contact us with questions)
- Color: Black
- Weight: 357 grams (per shoe, size 42)
Helmets- Evade II, Prevail II, Echelon II, Propero III, Airnet
|Head Circumference||51-56cm (20-22")||55-59cm (21¾-23¼")||59-63cm (23¼-24¾")|
Helmets- Tactic 4, Gambit, Mode
|Head Circumference||51-56cm (20-22")||55-59cm (21¾-23¼")||58-62cm (22¾-24½")|
|US Shoe Size||4-6||7-9||10-12||13+|
|Specialized Euro Shoe Size||36-39||40-42||43-45||46+|
Mens Shorts, Bibs, Knickers & Tights
Mens Jerseys, Jackets & Vests
|Middle Finger Length||<7.6cm||7.6-8cm||8.1-8.6cm||8.6-9cm||9-9.4cm||>9.4cm|
|Palm Circumference||<21.5cm||21.5-22cm||22-22.5cm||22.5-23.5cm||23.5 - 24.5cm||>24.5cm|
|Middle Finger Length||<6.4cm||6.4-6.9cm||6.9-7.4cm||7.4-7.8cm||7.8-8.4cm||>8.4cm|