Specialized Romin EVO Expert Gel Saddle
The Romin design has been a stalwart of Specialized road saddles since it's release. Here in the Romin EVO Expert Gel edition, it provides a true road saddle silhouette, and a design that allows you to keep your position low and aero without sacrificing comfort. The patented Body Geometry design is lab-tested to assure blood flow to sensitive arteries in this posture, from a saddle contoured to put you in a position for optimal power transfer and comfort as you put pressure on your competition. When leveled at the center forward, the tail has a slight lift for pushing back on a bit while powering away in the drops, and the taper and drop of the sides guide the legs cleanly down to the pedals for best efficiency and reduced friction.
As an Expert-level version, the Romin EVO Expert Gel has a stiff, carbon-reinforced shell for longevity and all-day riding efficiency. The shell has a Body Geometry channel designed to maximize blood flow while riding, and lightweight yet supportive PU foam with gel inserts for increased comfort on those epic ride days. It features a little more padding than the firmest race saddles, which many of us actually can benefit from regardless of the added grams. Specialized applies their tough, lightweight, and water-resistant Micromatrix™ cover, which has perforations to prevent heat build-up and reduce friction. The hollow titanium rails are strong and durable at light weight, while defeating some of the road vibration you'd rather not absorb.
Available in 143mm, 155mm, and 168mm width options for proper sit bone support, the Romin EVO Expert Gel Saddle is a great choice for serious cycling enthusiasts who love to log miles and hours on the road, while feeling fresh enough to do it all again the next day,
- Popular road saddle for riders who favor a more assertive to aggressive position, but need proper support, comfort, and Body Geometry features developed to maintain blood flow and proper alignment
- Design and execution that allows you to keep your position low and aero without sacrificing comfort
- Stiff, carbon-reinforced shell for longevity and all-day riding efficiency
- Lightweight and supportive PU foam with gel inserts for increased comfort on long rides
- Level 2 padding: Medium density foam for bike feel with additional cushioning
- Tough, lightweight, perforated, and water-resistant Micromatrix™ cover
- Lightweight, durable, and hollow titanium rails
- SWAT™-compatible mounts molded into the saddle base allow for sleek, integrated storage solutions
- Width options: 143mm, 155mm, 168mm
- Color: Black
- Weight: 268 grams (actual, 143mm), 272g (actual, 155mm), 274g (actual, 168mm)