Specialized Roubaix Pro Road Tire
The Specialized Roubaix Pro is an endurance road tire that's well suited for smooth and rough roads alike. That's because it's fast like any competitive road tire, only it features a bead-to-bead Endurant casing, plus the BlackBelt technology for puncture protection. Meanwhile, the casing smooths your ride and keeps you fresh, while the tread handles responsively over mixed terrain. It also features a slick center tread for low rolling resistance and shoulder sipes for increased surface adaption and grip.
One major key to the control and rolling speed of the tire is the GRIPTON rubber compound, used in most of Specialized's top tires. It has inherent low rolling resistance and plus grip that offer superior cornering traction. The tread pattern takes full advantage of the rubber, and resembles the All Conditions system Specialized uses, with a low profile directional design. Segmented patterns on either side produce a chevron effect when looked at in full, with the small segmented gaps encouraging grip and water release, while also being able to manage some softer, loose material on pavement. The end result is a very rideable but durable road tire that takes full advantage the firmer 115-125psi pressure range. The ride is smooth, yet sure and confident, while freeing up minor road debris.
- Versatile, durable folding clincher road tire with all-conditions capability, surprising performance
- Well suited for smooth or rough pavement, with puncture and abrasion protection
- Directional, subtle segmented chevron tread with narrow smooth center section handles surface water and soft material with ease
- Features excellent control, grip and impact protection in normal wet or dry conditions, with a better than expected road feel (attributed to the casing that) induces confidence
- GRIPTON® rubber compound has extremely low rolling resistance and superior cornering traction
- Black Belt Protection, bead to bead Endurant Casing combine for excellent overall protection
- 120 TPI casing is ideally supple, not often found in tubeless road tires
- Size / Approx Weight / Pressure range:
- 700x23-25 / 260g / 115-125psi
- 700x25-28 / 300g / 85-95psi
- 700x30-32 / 355g / 75-95psi
- Color: Black