Specialized S-Works Diverge Bicycle
As the flagship model of the Diverge bike models, the S-Works Diverge represents a true gravel / gravel race package featuring the precise SRAM Red eTap AXS/ XX1 Eagle AXS 1x12 wide range drivetrain, an X-Fusion Dropper post, and the stunning, sub 1300 gram Roval Terra CLX wheelset. The true spirit of any great bike lies within it's guiding purpose- the reason it was designed, developed, and brought to life. Great bikes come to life to inspire and become true partners in the joy, effort, and adventure of cycling.
Whether your goal is to escape on gravel back roads, far from cars and crowds, or drop the hammer at the front of your favorite gravel race, no frame design does it better than the new Specialized Diverge S-Works. It’s quite simply the fastest, most capable, and just maybe the most fun, bike the company has ever made, delivering a ride that’s quick and lively under power, but stable and confidence inspiring when the terrain gets rough. From the damping qualities of the Future Shock 2.0 and and all all-new progressive gravel geometry, to internal storage and category leading tire clearance, the new Diverge represents everything Specialized learned over more than 40 years of riding and developing bikes for road, gravel and dirt. The Diverge writes an entirely new chapter in the gravel bike category, so you can dream up entirely new rides. It’s the ultimate inspiration to get out and ride.
With a FACT 11r carbon frame, the S-Works Diverge frame weighs less than 1000 grams (56cm), making it a perfect platform for a lightweight steed. Pin it for your local dirt climb KOM, or grind up a giant back country peak, the light and lively Diverge will get you there faster. The design and technology behind the Diverge S-Works is exemplifies speed, control and confidence, particularly out of the front end where the Future Shock 2.0 is the ultimate technology for the gravel rider. With 20mm of axial compliance and a hydraulic damper, Future Shock 2.0 lies within the fork steerer, but suspends the rider not the bike. This keeps you confident and in control, able to keep the power down and stay off the brakes over rough dirt roads and in thick loose gravel, all while keeping your hands, arms and neck fresh. Since Future Shock 2.0’s damper is fully adjustable, you’ll be ready for the rough stuff and efficient on smooth pavement.
The design team tossed gravel geometry "status-quo" out the window. The new Diverge has the most progressive geometry Specialized has ever created for a drop bar model, giving riders a capable and stable bike in the dirt, that still feels responsive and nimble on the road. They have increased the frame’s reach, introduced a slacker head tube and a longer offset fork. The combination integrates perfectly to create incredible confidence with a planted feeling in the dirt, while allowing for spec’ing shorter stem lengths that keep the overall cockpit length the same and the steering lively. The geometry also keeps the bottom bracket low enough to increase stability, but high enough to utilize with 650b wheels, should you choose that build option. As nothing unlocks a bike’s capability like tire clearance, the new Diverge features room for a legitimate 47mm tire mounted on a 700c wheel or a 2.1” with a 650b wheel. Thanks to a driveside chainstay utilizing a solid beam of carbon behind the chain rings the engineers created clearance without using a fragile dropped chain stay design or increasing chain stay length, at 425mm on all frame sizes.
Though the Diverge S-Works is more than happy tearing up a fast gravel course or a competitive group ride, it's versatility is real, and it is equipped for all sorts of adventures and experiences. Specialized has given the Diverge plenty of frame bosses for racks, along with fork and top tube mounts to ensure you can take what you need, no matter how far you plan to go, or how long you plan to stay out. The more capable your bike, the bigger your rides get, so Diverge the downtube integrated SWAT door that lets you utilize free space to store tools, a flat kit, nutrition and even the SWAT Jacket.
The complete kit specifications are listed below, but they will all met your expectations. In one major deviation from the S-Works frameset, Specialized has opted for the 50mm X-Fusion Manic Dropper Post, which comes with an internally routed, cable actuated remote. The remote clamp and lever mount under the shifter body on the left drop of the handlebar. The argument is that a dropper post actually allows you to navigate fast but rough down grade sections at speed, with control. It makes the bike more versatile without sacrificing speed. Staying in control, and having the capability to dominate all of the terrain variables found in the average long haul gravel race is crucial.
- Pro-level complete Diverge with SRAM Red/XX1 Eagle, Roval Terra CLX Wheelset, and a great complete kit featuring Specialized, X-Fusion and Roval items
- Premier frameset in the new Diverge line, with options for 1x/2x, electronic or mechanical shifting, hydraulic disc brakes
- Frame: S-Works Diverge FACT 11r carbon, SWAT™ Door integration, BSA 68mm threaded BB shell, internal routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, Flat Mount disc
- Lightweight and responsive, quick and lively under power, but stable confidence inspiring
- All new progressive gravel geometry with increased reach, slacker head tube, for longer offset fork
- Use of shorter stem keeps the overall cockpit length the same and the steering lively
- Bottom bracket height is kept low, but still allows for 650b wheel use
- Fork: Future Shock 2.0 w/ Damper, FACT carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, Flat Mount disc
- 20mm of axial compliance and a hydraulic damper that suspends the rider, not the bike
- Smooth boot and spacer design creates a clean look and functional protection
- Tire clearance: 47mm w/ 700c wheel, 2.1” with a 650b wheel
- SWAT: Integrated SWAT door, internal storage system
- SRAM eTap AXS wireless 1x12 Drivetrain / HRD Hydraulic disc brake system:
- RED AXS: eTap shift/HRD brake levers & calipers, 160mm CLX CL disc rotors, 42T 1x Red crankset, DUB BSA threaded BB cups
- SRAM Eagle XX1 AXS: Rear Derailleur w/battery/USB charging dock, XG-1295 10-50 XD driver Cassette, Eagle 12s chain
- Wheelset: Roval Terra CLX, 25mm IRW TLR carbon rims, 32mm depth; Roval AFD1/AFD2 Center Lock hubset w/DT240 internals XD driver; 21hF/24hR, DT Swiss Aerolite spokes
- Pathfinder Pro 2Bliss Ready tires, transparent sidewall, 700x38mm; w/tubes
- Kit: Easton EC70 AX Carbon bar- 120mm drop x 80mm reach x 16° flare, S-Works Future Stem w/ Integrated Computer mount, Roubaix S-Wrap; X-Fusion Manic Dropper Post with cable actuated, internally routed drop bar remote, 50mm travel, S-Works Power, FACT 7x9mm oval carbon rails, FACT carbon base
- Sizes | Included component spec by bike size
- 49cm | Post: 315mm | Bar: 38cm | Stem: 60mm | Crank: 170mm | Saddle width: 155mm
- 52cm | Post: 350mm | Bar: 40cm | Stem: 70mm | Crank: 170mm | Saddle width: 155mm
- 54cm | Post: 380mm | Bar: 42cm | Stem: 80mm | Crank: 172.5mm | Saddle width: 143mm
- 56cm | Post: 380mm | Bar: 42cm | Stem: 90mm | Crank: 172.5mm | Saddle width: 143mm
- 58cm | Post: 380mm | Bar: 44cm | Stem: 100mm | Crank: 175mm | Saddle width: 143mm
- 61cm | Post: 380mm | Bar: 44cm | Stem: 100mm | Crank: 175mm | Saddle width: 143mm
- Sizes: 49, 52, 54, 56, 58, 61 cm
- Color: Satin Carbon/Color Run Pearl/Chrome/Clean
- Weight: 19.73 lbs (54cm)