Specialized S-Works Phenom Carbon Saddle
The Phenom saddle line was developed for all-terrain use, and has been popular as an XC and marathon mountain bike option, as well as a top choice for cyclocross over the years. It is softer than most road race platforms, but still an option on the pavement, and has become a go-to saddle for gravel and adventure riders. The S-Works Phenom is light enough to race, and features oval carbon rails and a FACT carbon shell that has been tuned for competition. The shell offers some flex for compliance balanced with the stiffness needed for optimal pedal stroke power. A full length recessed channel spans a center cut out, shaped and designed with Body Geometry science, lab-tested to ensure blood flow to sensitive arteries.
The padding is a medium density EVA foam that protects from impacts while delivering comfort and proper support on long hard rides over any terrain. Oval carbon rails provide a firm base of for the tuned carbon shell, and help with mitigation of vibration that comes up through the frame to the seatpost. The designers created a tail that features rounded edges and corners, for easy and no-snag movement when the rider gets behind the saddle for technical descents. The S-Works Phenom Carbon Saddle is available in two widths, 143mm and 155mm, and the 143mm weighs in at just 153 grams. With the boom in the gravel discipline, the Phenom design, which has been popular for some time, to be even more widely embraced given it's combination of performance and comfort, ideal for the demands of both gravel racing and epic rides.
- Lightweight race-level saddle equipped for all-terrain use and long hours on the bike
- Patented Body Geometry design is lab-tested to ensure blood flow to sensitive arteries
- FACT carbon fiber shell is flex-tuned for support and ride compliance
- Super-light, EVA padding for comfort and support on longer rides
- Level 2 padding: Medium density foam for bike feel with additional cushioning
- Ultra-light oversized (7x9mm oval) FACT carbon rails
- Rails not compatible with side-loading seatpost heads designed for 7x7mm round rails, will work with most vertical style-clamps- follow all clamp torque specifications
- SWAT™-compatible mounts molded into the saddle base allow for sleek and integrated storage solutions
- Width options: 143mm, 155mm
- Color: Black
- Weight: 150 grams (actual, 143mm width), 153 grams (actual, 155mm )