Specialized S-Works Romin EVO Carbon Saddle
When you select an S-Works level product the premium is on performance, reduced weight, features that serious cyclists can take advantage, and material upgrades. The Romin design has been a stalwart of Specialized road saddles since it's release. Here in the S-Works Romin EVO Carbon edition, it provides a true road race saddle silhouette, and a standard length design that allows you to keep your position low and aero without sacrificing comfort. The patented Body Geometry design is lab-tested to assure blood flow to sensitive arteries in this posture, from a saddle contoured to put you in a position for optimal power transfer and comfort as you put pressure on your competition. When leveled at the center forward, the tail has a slight lift for pushing back on a bit while powering away in the drops, and the taper and drop of the sides guide the legs cleanly down to the pedals for best efficiency and reduced friction.
From a construction standpoint, the FACT carbon rails and FACT carbon shell are the standout features worthy of the S-Woks designation, and they drive weight down. The shell offers some tuned flex for compliance balanced with the stiffness needed for optimal pedal stroke power. A full length recessed channel spans a center cut out, shaped and designed with Body Geometry science, lab-tested to ensure blood flow to sensitive arteries with your hips rotated forward and your head low. The 7x9mm oval rails aren't just light, but strong, and combine with the shell for a stiffer overall platform. Both also damp road vibration, reducing the buzz you get from the road. To increase comfort, the S-Works Romin EVO Carbon carries the moderate Level 2 EVA foam padding, not the thinner Level 1. That is a perfect match for the saddle and the riders who take full advantage of the powerful platform and and aggressive posture. You get proper support and a bit more comfort which pays off in the latter half of a long, hard ride or race. You want to be able to get up and do it again tomorrow, right?
Before the Power saddle released, the Romin EVO was the preferred racing saddle design from Specialized. Now the trend split is more towards the Power overall, but the short nose saddle design isn't for everyone, and many have come back to the Romin EVO. Options are good, and when you find something that works for you, you can't be afraid to try something else, but the Romin EVO was never a traditional saddle, but a true race-bred Body Geometry model, and the key to that is getting on the proper width and shape to keep your sit bones lifted and soft tissue out of play, as it were. The S-Works Romin EVO Carbon Saddle is available in two widths, 143mm and 155mm, and the 143mm weighs in at just 134 grams, which is more than competitively light with top race saddles, but a rare option that also offers actual comfort and better ergonomics. What else needs to be said?
- Light, high-performance road saddle that's contoured to put you in a position for optimal power transfer and comfort
- Optimal for cyclists who ride a more assertive/aggressive posture
- Body geometry design for this position, with a central cut-out zone to reduce potential pressure
- Full length relief channel to split tail rear, with full carbon shell bridge
- Stiff FACT carbon fiber shell is flex-tuned for support, power delivery and ride compliance
- Super-light, EVA padding for comfort and support on longer rides
- Level 2 padding: Medium density foam for bike feel with additional cushioning
- Tough, lightweight, and water-resistant Micromatrix™ cover, which has perforations to prevent heat build-up and reduce friction
- Ultra-light oversized (7x9mm oval) FACT carbon rails
- Rails not compatible with side-loading seatpost heads designed for 7x7mm round rails, will work with most vertical style-clamps- follow all clamp torque specifications
- SWAT™-compatible mounts molded into the saddle base allow for sleek and integrated storage solutions
- Width options: 143mm, 155mm
- Color: Black
- Weight: 132 grams (actual, 143mm width), 134 grams (actual, 155mm width)