Specialized S-Works Roubaix Frameset
There is nothing like the "Hell of the North" to inspire not only cycling fans, but also bike and equipment development. For Specialized this unlocked a whole new bike model, graced by components designed for pro cyclists to not only survive, but thrive in what many believe to be the most challenging day in pro cycling. With seven wins in the crucible of Paris-Roubaix, the Specialized Roubaix concept has proven that Smoother is Faster. Until now, however, smooth has admittedly come with some compromises. Not anymore. The all-new S-Works Roubaix now delivers compliance without compromise by introducing a radical new Future Shock 2.0 that gives you more control and damping options, a new Pavé seatpost that creates the most balanced Roubaix frameset to date, aerodynamics that equal those of the Tarmac, and a Rider-First Engineered™ frame that impressively tips the scales below 900 grams in a 56cm.
This inspiring new frame delivers compliance without compromise via the perfect balance of aerodynamics, light overall weight, compliance, and Rider-First Engineering. With tube shapes that were born in the Specialized FreeFoil Shape Library and validated in the Win Tunnel, the new Roubaix is more aero than the Tarmac SL6, bringing unheard of efficiency to the design. Meanwhile, to ensure the weight and ride quality, the development team turned to a Rider-First Engineered™ design to deliver optimal stiffness and compliance across all sizes, from 44 to 61cm. And to prep you for your own Hell of the North, the engineers made room for 33mm tires. To go along with the new frame, we’ve also developed a totally-new S-Works Pavé seatpost. Not only is it the first compliant seatpost that’s also aerodynamic, it does so without any additional weight or finicky contraptions. Starting with the same D-shape design found on the Tarmac, the team took its compliance a step further by building additional flex into the upper and developing a new drop-clamp design in the frame. This provides plenty of compliance, while staying perfectly balanced with the front-end, so you get a smooth, balanced ride no matter how rough the road.
That front end carries the fork steerer-based Future Shock 2.0, which is the result of Specialized's sponsored pro team rider demands for the cobbles of Roubaix. It’s smoother, faster, and gives you more control via a knob atop the stem. This knob adjusts compression from fully-open to stiff, while hydraulically-damped internals control rebound. The system suspends the rider, not the bike, and while it isolates the cockpit from the impact chatter, it doesn't remove the bike feel or disconnect you from required handling control. Add it up, and this latest version will reduce fatigue and increase your speed, no matter the terrain. The new Smooth Boot, adjuster top cap, and Future Stem also enhance the overall aesthetic, so you get a clean transition from head tube to stem.
The 2021 S-Works Roubaix represents the continual evolution of a bike model that has become iconic as any. Yes, the Roubaix has always been driven by famed race on the cobbles, but for numerous cyclists around the world, the more attainable versions of the compliant and broadly capable design have been their pathway to enjoying cycling. Thus the legacy isn't some far off dream, but a daily reality for many. That is why the new version breeds even more interest and excitement. Many of the best features and concepts from the S-Works Roubaix will direct and influence the whole line, adding exciting new capabilities for cyclists of all levels.
The Specialized S-Works Roubaix Frameset can be built with the groupset and build kit of your choice, and if you have questions about the frameset, availability or a build out, please contact us at email@example.com or call 800.627.6664 during business hours to speak with our deeply experienced Sales team.
- Premium grade, newly engineered Roubaix frameset optimized for balance of compliance, aerodynamics and overall performance based on the requirements of pro cyclists for Paris-Roubaix
- Frame: FACT 11R, Rider First Engineered™ (RFE), FreeFoil Shape Library tubes, threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc, hidden drop seatpost clamp
- RFE: size-specific approach to frame construction that ensures every frame performs flawlessly
- Frame geometry is combination of performance and endurance road with familiar road angles
- Very well balanced and responsive with sharp acceleration, stable front end
- Future Shock 2.0 w/ Smooth Boot, FACT Carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- 20mm of axial compliance and a hydraulic damper that suspends the rider, not the bike
- Smooth boot and spacer design creates a clean look and functional protection
- Net effect is more confidence, fresher body, better tire/road connection and subsequent speed/control
- Hidden drop clamp creates more exposed post, which is part of the compliance equation
- All sizes except the 61cm have the 380mm length, the 61cm comes with a 450mm
|Top Tube Length||512mm||525mm||533mm||545mm||563mm||579mm||595mm|
|Head Tube Length||90mm||100mm||112mm||125mm||143mm||170mm||205mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||77.5mm||77.5mm||77.5mm||76mm||76mm||74.5mm||74.5mm|