Specialized S-Works Shiv TT Disc Module Frameset
Specialized long ago proved their knowledge of pure aerodynamics and actual riding dynamics with both the Shiv and Venge designs, with winning numerous top-level events of some of the most accomplished cyclists in the world with proven efficiency. The Shiv was ground-breaking and hugely successful in the time-trial world. For years, time trial bikes have had very similar attributes: skinny deep airfoils, sketchy handling, sub-par braking, and heavy frames. For the "flat and fast" courses of yesteryear, these qualities may have been acceptable, but with today's technically demanding courses, TT bikes needed a change. And with this in mind, Specialized has pushed UCI regulations to their limits adding disc brakes, dropping weight, and dialing in the fit for the new Shiv TT. It is also one of the most adjustable TT bike out there, achieved to complement rider fit and aerodynamics, hence the module system, in which the steerer, headset and aerobar system all combined with frame size for a specific relationship. The S-Works Shiv TT Disc Module is the perfect canvas to start constructing your TT dream rig. Excel Sports can assist you there, as we have considerable experience with electronic TT shifting (as required by the S-Works Shiv TT) with Shimano's Di2, and SRAM eTap AXS drivetrains.
To meet the changing dynamics of current and future time-trial courses, Specialize understood it was important to capitalize on years of R&D as well as pro rider feedback to create the fastest time trial bike, for all types of courses. From technical inner-city prologues, to rolling courses with steep grades, it's not just about making the fastest bike for a straight line. With this in mind, the development team cut the weight and greatly increased the handling characteristics of the Shiv TT with an all-new silhouette.
Adaptable rider fit was also one of the significant design pillars of the new Shiv TT. With years of Retül fit and professional rider data, the team has completely re-done the geometry and front-end of the bike. The updated spacers, bridge, and armrests lock-in fit, improving stability and confidence, while the one-piece bar and stem simplifies and lightens the weight of the front-end, balancing the overall feel.
With aero road, the embrace of disc brakes opened up new TT frame concepts, increased frame and fork stiffness and moved the brake off the fork crown and rear bridge. Wheels also get more room for shaping within UCI rules. Disc brakes are now a necessity in TT's with variable weather, tight corners, more speed variable courses and rough surfaces. Not only do they let you late-brake into corners and shift on the bars, but they also create a more stable chassis in corners and when accelerating. And no, they don't lend themselves to any additional drag, and may improve it as fork leg shapes and designs evolve.
In this era the best time-trial frames must be more fully capable of managing a course, along with the rider. Fighting the bike is not in the past, but the design must be more agile, safer, and adaptive to rider and course needs. The essence is still speed, but speed on the course and in the conditions come race day. The updated S-Works TT Disc Module Frameset now sets a new standard, and seeks to continue it's impressive legacy in World Tour and Olympic racing.
- Updated World Tour level TT frameset with disc brakes, module set-up with integrated bar-stem
- Frame: S-Works FACT 11r carbon, Win Tunnel Engineered, UCI Legal, internal electric only cable routing, BSA Threaded bottom bracket shell, 12x142mm thru-axle, Flat Mount disc
- Front derailleur mount is a bolt-on component, allowing for the option of using a 1x or 2x drivetrain
- Rear derailleur hanger is replaceable: Spec Part# S182600001
- Size specific removable nose cone attached to headtube to cover cables and hydration tube routing
- Fork: S-Works FACT carbon, UCI Legal, 100x12mm thru-axle, Flat Mount disc
- Shiv TT Disc fork is size specific with geometry and steerer length vary by size to ensure a flush cockpit
- Headset hardware kits are also size specific, as they include the steerer shaft
- Specialized Shiv TT Integrated bar/stem aerobar
- 2019 S-Works Venge aero seatpost, FACT carbon, Di2-compatible
- Recommended tire size: 700x24
- Compatible with 140 or 160mm disc rotors as selected by caliper mount set-up
- All frame sizes come with: 400mm bar width, 75mm stem length, 390mm seatpost length
- Aerobar extensions offer reach adjustment
- As noted above, routing is internal for Electronic shifting only- no mechanical option
- Sizes: XS, Small, Medium, Large
- Color: Black
- Assembled Module Weight: 6.08 lbs (Assembled Module as pictured, Medium)
|Shiv TT Geometry|
|Size||Top Tube Length||Head Tube Length||Head Angle||Seat Angle||Standover||Stack||Reach||Seat Tube Length|