Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper Bicycle 2022
NOTE: Component Specifications are subject to change without notice, based on availability
The Specialized Stumpjumper is an impressive piece of R&D, and as such the company decided all the top carbon frame complete bike models would start with the top-level S-Works level Fact 11m carbon frame design. As a result, the difference in the complete bike options is found in the kit details. With this S-Works complete bike the upgrades from the Pro is to SRAM's XX1 groupset with it's wireless shifting, G2 Ultimate hydraulic disc brakes, and the highest grade Roval carbon Control rim-equipped Roval wheels featuring DT240 hubs, and other key items. The continued reimagining of the legendary Stumpjumper trail bike means riders old and new can continue to appreciate one of the the most versatile and capable bike concepts ever offered.
When Specialized set out to design the all-new Stumpjumper frame, the R&D team pursued some hefty goals. The frame design had to excel on any kind of trail, for every style of rider. To achieve that, the they went after serious weight reduction without sacrificing durability, a stiff, responsive chassis that still rides light and lively, a geometry that improves everyone’s riding, and the best suspension kinematics the experts in Morgan Hill, CA know how to design. They massaged the kinematics of the previous generation Stumpjumper suspension to bring out the very best all-round performance possible in a 130mm travel package. Countless hours of suspension lab development and field testing created a refined mid-travel ripper that eats big terrain like an Enduro bike, yet handles like a dream everywhere, while allowing the rider climbing dynamics usually found on short travel XC bikes.
The S-Sizing geometry of the new Stumpjumper hits the progressive sweet spot. It’s long, low and slack, with a short fork offset and a steeper seattube angle. Specialized's Rider-First Engineered™ frames use a size-specific approach to ride characteristics that ensure benchmark handling and flawless performance, regardless of frame or rider size. Whether you’re a riding a compact S1, or one who needs the lengthy S6, you’ll experience the same ride traits, rail-sharp cornering and balanced front and rear stiffness, at the lightest-possible weight. These sizing and geometry statistics combine to make your ride more stable, the bike easier to carve, and just a better all-around performer. With High/Low suspension FlipChip adjustability you’re able to further fine-tune your fit and ride preference, ensuring that your new S-Works Stumpjumper performs flawlessly on whatever terrain you choose.
The trail ready, 130mm travel S-Works frame has been built with Specialized's FACT 11m carbon, with an asymmetrical design and internal cable routing. The Boost spacing, 29" wheel set-up features the FlipChip system at the Headtube and Bottom Bracket adjustment and carries the FOX FLOAT DPS Factory Rear Shock, with Rx Trail Tune, EVOL Air sleeve, and 3-position terrain selection with an Open Mode Adjustment. The fork is the FOX FLOAT 34 Factory model with the GRIP2 Damper featuring the 15/110mm thru-axle dropout system. The 140mm travel, 44mm offset fork was selected based on the geometry requirements, and carries the GRIP2 damper for impressive carry throughout the full travel range.
Components-wise, the 2022 Stumpjumper S-Works is built for the ultimate in high performance and ground contact efficiency. The groupset features SRAM's wireless 1x12 Eagle AXS drivetrain in the premium XX1 configuration with the Eagle AXS Rocker Paddle, allowing for fast, precise shifting with the 520% range of a 30T chainring and a 12-speed 10-52T cassette. SRAM's powerful G2 Ultimate 4-piston hydraulic disc brakes also offer the balance of feel and modulation required for technical trail riding. Roval's Control hookless carbon, 2Bliss Ready rims are laced to a DT Swiss 240 disc brake hubset with DT Competition Race Spokes, while carrying a great tire set-up. Specialized's 2.3" Butcher GRID rolls up front, and a 2.3" Purgatory GRID powers you from behind the rear. Both tires feature the durable and grip oriented GRIPTON compound, but the front carries the softer T9, while the rear is the durable and traction oriented T7 in a combination that keeps you in control at all times.
Roval, Deity, and Specialized deliver a fantastic cockpit including the Traverse SL Carbon riser bar. The final major upgrade is the wireless RockShox Reverb AXS Dropper Seatpost, which is one of the lightest and best responding droppers ever made. If you are ready for the 2022 S-Works Stumpjumper, it is more than ready for you, so push it to your limit with confidence.
- Frame: SJ S-Works FACT 11m carbon chassis and rear-end, asymmetrical design, 130mm travel, 29 Trail Geometry, SWAT™ Door integration, flip chip Head Tube/Bottom Bracket adjustment, BSC threaded BB, fully enclosed internal cable routing, 12x148mm TA dropouts, sealed cartridge bearing pivots, replaceable derailleur hanger
- Rear Shock: FOX FLOAT DPS Factory, Rx Trail Tune, EVOL Air sleeve, Kashima Coat, 3-position adjustment w/ Open Mode Adjustment, 190x45mm
- Fork: FOX FLOAT 34 Factory, GRIP2 damper, Kashima Coating, 15x110mm, 44mm offset, 140mm of travel
- Drivetrain: SRAM 12-speed, 1x Eagle AXS XX1 wireless
- Crankset: SRAM XX1 Carbon w/ X-Sync2 30T ring, DUB BSC 73mm BB
- Rear Derailleur: Eagle XX1 AXS (with battery)
- Shift Levers: Eagle AXS Rocker Paddle
- Cassette: XG-1299 Eagle, 10-52T
- Chain: Eagle XX1
- Brakeset: SRAM G2 Ultimate, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc; Rotors- 200mm Front, 180mm Rear
- Handlebar: Roval Traverse SL Carbon Riser, Black: 35mm diameter, 780mm width, 8° backsweep, 6° upsweep, 30mm rise
- Stem: Deity, 35mm bar clamp
- Grips: Deity Knuckleduster, Black
- Saddle: Bridge Comp, Black; Hollow Ti rails
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb AXS, 30.9, 1x remote
- Front: Roval Control 240, hookless carbon, 29mm IRW, hand-built, 2Bliss Ready; DT Swiss 240, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm spacing, 28h, DT Competition Race Spokes
- Rear: Roval Control 240, hookless carbon, 29mm IRW, hand-built, 2Bliss Ready; DT Swiss 240, Ratchet EXP, 36t engagement, SRAM XD driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h, DT Competition Race Spokes
- Tires: Front- Butcher GRID, GRIPTON T9, 29x2.3"; Rear- Purgatory, GRIPTON T7, 29x2.3" w/Presta valve tubes
- Sizes & Component specifics by frame size
- S1: Stem: 35mm, Crank: 165mm, Post length: 100mm, Saddle width: 155mm
- S2: Stem: 35mm, Crank: 170mm, Post length: 125mm, Saddle width: 155mm
- S3: Stem: 50mm, Crank: 170mm, Post length: 150mm, Saddle width: 143mm
- S4: Stem: 50mm, Crank: 170mm, Post length: 170mm, Saddle width: 143mm
- S5: Stem: 50mm, Crank: 170mm, Post length: 170mm, Saddle width: 143mm
- S6: Stem: 50mm, Crank: 175mm, Post length: 170mm, Saddle width: 143mm
- Color: Satin Brushed Black Liquid Metal / Gloss Black / Black Logos
- Weight: 26.98 (S2)
|Stack||* H-610mm L-614mm||* H-609mm, L-613mm||* H-618mm, L-622mm||* H-627mm, L-632mm||* H-636mm, L-641mm||* H-646mm, L-650mm|
|Reach||* H-415mm, L-410mm||* H-415mm, L-410mm||* H-455mm, L-450mm||* H-480mm, L-475mm||* H-505mm, L-500mm||* H-535mm, L-530mm|
|Head Angle||* H-65.5, L-65°||* H-65.5, L-65°||* H-65.5, L-65°||* H-65.5, L-65°||* H-65.5, L-65°||* H-65.5, L-65°|
|Seat Angle||* H-76.5, L-76°||* H-76.5, L-76°||* H-76.5, L-76°||* H-76.5, L-76°||* H-76.5, L-76°||* H-76.5, L-76°|
|Top Tube Length||563mm||583mm||563mm||632mm||660mm||692mm|
|Head Tube Length||95mm||100mm||95mm||120mm||130mm||140mm|
|Fork Trail||* H-123mm, L-126mm||* H-123mm, L-126mm||* H-123mm, L-126mm||* H-123mm, L126mm||* H-123mm, L-126mm||* H-123mm, L-126mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||* H-40mm, L47mm||* H-40mm, L-47mm||* H-35mm, L-42mm||* H-35mm, L-42mm||* H-35mm, L-42mm||* H-35mm, L-42mm|
|* The settings are High (trail) and Low (technical trail/park).|