Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL7 Red AXS Bicycle
This incredible race-optimized S-Works Tarmac SL7 comes equipped with SRAM's Red eTap AXS wireless shifting and hydraulic disc braking. The bike rolls, or flies, on deep Roval Rapide CLX disc brake wheels and Specialized's 320 TPI Turbo Cotton clincher tires, as seen in a little race you may know as the Tour de France. This is an aero road design that replaces the Venge and the SL6 as the THE race bike for World Tour pro's.
Decades of experience building racing bikes. Countless examples of rider feedback, desires, and impressions. Millions upon millions of calculations in Finite Element Analysis (FEA). Every frame, regardless of size getting specific fiber schedules and lay-up. One design that comes in right at the UCI weight limit with zero compromise between light weight and aerodynamics. This is the Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL7 frameset, perhaps the most efficient and perfectly balanced race machine ever developed. The stories and accolades just keep rolling in, as do podiums and stage wins.
Specialized utilized their most advanced technologies and learned knowledge, such as their FreeFoil Shape Library to an all-new Rider-First Engineered™ frame, in delivering a race bike that is truly without compromise. The days of making sacrifices between "aero" and "lightweight" bikes are over. While it isn't really wrong to suggest the Tarmac SL7 is a combination of the Venge and the SL6, it isn't actually true or that simple either. Aero road has been a driving force behind Specialized's recent bike development and their design engineers have developed and tested many shapes and combinations to build their library of in-house resources. They took a page out of the Venge development book and utilized the already proven FreeFoil Shape Library. Armed with a core book of optimized shapes, they turned to the Win Tunnel to plug these shapes into a modular test bike for more testing and validation. The result? A new Tarmac that’s the fastest they've tested- 45 seconds faster over 40km than the Tarmac SL6 (with the Aerofly II handlebar in test).
While aerodynamics were paramount to Tarmac SL7 development, and to the development of all of Specialized race bikes, weight was the co-pilot on this optimal race bike journey. Previously “aero bikes” always compromised in the weight department, the more drag you reduced, the more weight you gained. The design philosophy was to keep it at, or below, the UCI weight limit out of the box as a complete build, with no sacrifices to aerodynamics. Tools like isotopic FEA analysis, used in conjunction with the tubes shapes and some engineering wizardry by the best engineers in the industry, enabled Specialized to deliver a frame that weighs a mere 800 grams, consistently across sizes, without giving up a gram of aero, stiffness or ride quality while allowing for 700x32 tires. The primary ingredient in all this has been their FACT 12r Carbon, which was developed in house to provide the lightest, and ideal combination of fiber properties that are the foundation of the lay-up schedule and deliver the tubeset and junctions that make the SL7 unique.
Finishing off the S-Works Tarmac SL7 frameset, the designers drew off their experience and proven systems of the Venge to apply simple integration to create a clean, fast cockpit that’s easy to live with. They've improved the routing for any configuration, mechanical shifting, traditional stems, round bars, etc., all while keeping its aerodynamic attributes. A BSC threaded bottom bracket system was integrated and found to test as well or better than other systems for stiffness and power transfer. The frame features a 12/142mm rear thru-axle and flat mount disc standard, which aligns the S-Works FACT Carbon Fork with it's 12/100mm set-up. The lightweight and upper-section compliant 2021 S-Works FACT Carbon Tarmac Seatpost is included, as is Tarmac integrated stem, 6-degree, with detailed spec determined by frame size.
SRAM's eTap AXS wireless shifting system is well proven and an upgrade over the first generation eTap. The wireless system allows for both a super clean, and simplified build/service process. The full integration of the HRD hydraulic brake housing with the S-Works SL7 frameset makes for a starkly clean and aero build featuring the sculpted Aerofly II handlebar and Tarmac SL7 stem. At 15.34 lbs for a 54cm, the package is stunning, and must include lightweight wheels. Enter the 1400 gram Roval Rapide CLX disc brake, clincher only wheelset, with a 51mm front depth and 60mm on the rear for a perfect balance of stability, control, and speed.
Specialized's 320 TPI Turbo Cotton clincher tires deliver incredibly low rolling resistance and a ride quality many sponsored pro's have embraced over tubulars. Every component and kit item of the S-Works Tarmac SL7 Red AXS Bicycle was selected for a pro level experience that will only enhance the qualities of the cyclist and drive further commitment and improvement.
- Ultimate road race bike with zero compromise between aerodynamics and light weight
- SRAM Red AXS 12s HRD groupset for premium overall performance
- S-Works Tarmac SL7 FACT 12r Carbon Frame, Rider First Engineered™, Win Tunnel Engineered
- S-Works FACT Carbon Fork, tapered, specific headset assembly included
- Rider First Engineering means specific requirements of each size were developed to ensure the same resulting rider experiences and characteristics in an 800 gram frame
- Proven Tarmac geometry and frameset development ensure incredible handling, control and stability
- Detailed tube shapes and FEA-calculated carbon lay-up were also integrated into the complete design to provide optimal aero and stiffness characteristics
- Simple, fully integrated cable/wiring system for electronic/mechanical shift set-ups, hydraulic disc braking
- Can be built with a 1x drivetrain- removable front derailleur mount
- Max tire size: 700x32mm, (tire/rim combo dependent, need 4mm clearance on either side)
- Frameset includes: Integrated Tarmac stem (-6°); 2021 S-Works Tarmac Carbon proprietary seat post, FACT Carbon (Di2 Compatible), 20mm offset; machined bolt-on 12/100mm, 12/142mm thru-axles
- SRAM AXS Red 12: AXS/HRD levers, front and rear derailleurs, 48-35 Red Power Meter crankset with DUB threaded BB, 10-33 cassette, HRD calipers, Centerline XR 160mm rotors, FlatTop chain
- Roval Rapide CLX 51/60 disc brake wheelset, IRW 21mm, clincher only rim, CL disc
- Specialized 700x26 Turbo Cotton clincher tires, Turbo Ultralight tubes
- Cockpit: Specialized Aerofly II handlebar (38cm: 125mm drop/75mm reach; all others: 130mm drop/80mm reach), Supacaz Super Sticky Kush Tape, S-Works BG Power (carbon shell/7x9mm carbon rails) saddle (stem and post come with frame, see above)
- Bike sizes | Included component spec by size
- 44cm | Crank: 165mm | Post: 300mm | Stem: 70mm | Bar: 38cm | Saddle width: 155mm
- 49cm | Crank: 165mm | Post: 300mm | Stem: 80mm | Bar: 38cm | Saddle width: 155mm
- 52cm | Crank: 170mm | Post: 300mm | Stem: 90mm | Bar: 40cm | Saddle width: 155mm
- 54cm | Crank: 172.5mm | Post: 380mm | Stem: 100mm | Bar: 42cm | Saddle width: 143mm
- 56cm | Crank: 172.5mm | Post: 380mm | Stem: 100mm | Bar: 42cm | Saddle width: 143mm
- 58cm | Crank: 175mm | Post: 380mm | Stem: 110mm | Bar: 44cm | Saddle width: 143mm
- 61cm | Crank: 175mm | Post: 380mm | Stem: 110mm | Bar: 44cm | Saddle width: 143mm
- Colors: Carbon/Chameleon Silver Green Color Run, Green Tint Fade over Spectraflair/Chrome
- Weight: 15.43lbs (54cm)
|Specialized Tarmac SL7|
|Top Tube Length||496mm||509mm||531mm||541mm||563mm||577mm||587mm||595mm|
|Head Tube Length||93mm||102mm||113mm||131mm||151mm||178mm||163mm||198mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||74mm||74mm||74mm||72mm||72mm||72mm||72mm||72mm|