Sitting between the S-Works Tarmac SL7 and the Tarmac SL7 Expert complete builds, the Tarmac SL7 Pro Force eTap AXS Bicycle offers the enterprising racer perhaps the best specifications in the line-up, per dollar spent. There are serious upgrades in the wheelset and handlebar over the Expert build, while sharing the same FACT 10r frameset that has the same design as the S-Works, but without the major expense of the FACT 12r used on the flagship model. The Tarmac SL7 Pro is race ready from day one, and will also spike the adrenaline of serious road enthusiasts everywhere. SRAM's Force eTap AXS HRD 2x12 groupset is the ideal match for such a great frameset for new as well as accomplished racers and serious enthusiasts.
In addition to thousands of hours of FEA engineering analysis, Specialized utilized their most advanced technologies and learned knowledge- such as their FreeFoil Shape Library to create an all-new, Rider-First Engineered™ frame in delivering a race bike that is truly without compromise. The days of making sacrifices between "aero" and "lightweight" bikes are over. While it ins't really wrong to suggest the Tarmac SL7 is a combination of the Venge and the SL6, it isn't actually true or that simple either.
Aero road has been a driving force behind Specialized's recent bike development and their design engineers have developed and tested many shapes and combinations to build their library of in-house resources. In their quest for tube shapes that deliver the fastest frame that the UCI rules allow, they took a page out of the Venge development book and utilized the FreeFoil Shape Library. Armed with a core book of optimized shapes, they turned to the Win Tunnel to plug these shapes into a modular test bike for more testing and validation. The result? A new Tarmac that’s the fastest they've tested- 45 seconds faster over 40km than the Tarmac SL6 (with Aerofly II handlebar in test).
While aerodynamics were paramount to the Tarmac’s development, and to the development of all of Specialized race bikes, weight was the co-pilot on this optimal race bike journey. Previously “aero bikes” always compromised in the weight department, the more drag you reduced, the more weight you gained. With the new Tarmac, the design philosophy was to keep it at, or below, the UCI weight limit out of the box as a complete build, with no sacrifices to aerodynamics. Tools like isotopic FEA analysis, used in conjunction with the tubes shapes and some engineering wizardry by the best engineers in the industry, enabled Specialized to deliver a frame that weighs a mere 920 grams, consistently across sizes, without giving up a gram of aero, stiffness or ride quality while allowing for 700x32 tires. The primary ingredient in all this has been their FACT 10r Carbon, which was developed in house to provide a more cost effective combination of carbon fiber properties that make the SL7 design unique.
Finishing off the Tarmac SL7 frameset, the designers drew off their experience and proven systems of the Venge to apply simple integration to create a clean, fast cockpit that’s easy to live with. They've improved the routing for any configuration, mechanical shifting, traditional stems, round bars, etc., all while keeping its aerodynamic attributes. A BSC threaded bottom bracket system was integrated and found to test as well or better than other systems for stiffness and power transfer. The frame features a 12/142mm rear thru-axle and flat mount disc standard, which matches the SL7 FACT Carbon Fork, albeit with a 12/100mm set-up. The lightweight and upper-section compliant current S-Works FACT Carbon Tarmac Seatpost is included, as is the Tarmac integrated stem, 6-degree, with detailed spec determined by frame size.
The groupset is the aforementioned 12-Speed Force eTap AXS set-up. You get effective road bike gearing with a 48-35T crankset and a 10-33T cassette. SRAM's HRD hydraulic braking system is easy to service while delivering great feel and power with 160mm front / 140mm rear Paceline Center Lock disc rotors. These grab hold of a Roval Rapide CL 50 Wheelset and carry Specialized's venerable S-Works Turbo clincher tires in the 700x26 size with Turbo Ultralight tubes.
For the cockpit the updated S-Works Tarmac Carbon Carbon Seatpost carries their Ti-rail Power Pro Saddle. The lightweight carbon Roval Rapide Handlebar mates cleanly to the integrated -6 degree Tarmac stem. Supacaz's Super Sticky Kush tape finishes off the incredibly clean set-up. Bar, stem, post and crank lengths are equipped by bike size, as is saddle width (see details below).Return to Top
- Exceptionally built out aero/all-around road bike featuring SRAM Force eTap AXS Hydraulic disc groupset, Roval Rapide CL Wheelset, Rapide Carbon Bar and more
- Ideal for accomplished or fast ascending racers and serious enthusiasts who simply love speed and performance
- Frame design and features of the S-Works, with FACT 10r carbon instead of 12r, with only 120 gram gain weight at much more approachable price point
- Tarmac SL7 FACT 10r Carbon Frame, Rider First Engineered, Win Tunnel Engineered; 12/142mm TA
- Tarmac SL7 FACT Carbon Fork, tapered, specific headset assembly included; 12/100mm TA
- Rider First Engineering means specific requirements of each size were developed to ensure the same resulting rider experiences and characteristics in a 920 gram frame
- Proven Tarmac geometry and frameset development ensure incredible handling, control and stability
- Simple, fully integrated cable/wiring system for electronic/mechanical shift set-ups, hydraulic disc braking
- Max tire size: 700x32mm, with 4mm on either side
- Groupset: SRAM Force eTap AXS 2x12 HRD
- Shifter/Brake levers: Force eTap AXS 2x, with HRD DOT based hydraulic braking set-up
- Brake Calipers/Rotors: Force HRD Flat Mount / Paceline 160mm CL rotors
- Front/Rear Derailleur: Force eTap AXS w/ battery; Braze-on Front, Rear; charging dock, USB cable
- Crankset/BB: Force AXS 2x 48/35T w/ Power Meter / SRAM DUB 68mm BSA
- Cassette/Chain: Force XG-1271 10-33T / Force 12-spd Flattop
- Wheelset: Roval Rapide CL 50mm profile, 21mm internal width carbon rim, DT for Roval 350 hub, 21F/24R DT Swiss Revolution spokes, CL Disc
- Tires: S-Works Turbo, 120 TPI, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm w/Turbo Ultralight tubes
- Specialized/Roval Cockpit
- Handlebar: Rapide Aero Carbon; 125mm Drop, 75mm Reach; 2° drop flare, textured top for grip
- Stem: Integrated 6° Tarmac specific; alloy for 31.8mm
- Seatpost: S-Works Tarmac Carbon (20mm offset)
- Saddle: Power Pro Saddle w/hollow titanium rails
- Bar tape: Supacaz Super Sticky Kush
- Note: Component Specifications are subject to change due to supply chain challenges
- Sizes | Included component spec by bike size
- 49cm | Post: 300mm | Bar: 38cm | Stem: 80mm | Crank: 165mm | Saddle width: 155mm
- 52cm | Post: 300mm | Bar: 40cm | Stem: 90mm | Crank: 170mm | Saddle width: 155mm
- 54cm | Post: 380mm | Bar: 42cm | Stem: 100mm | Crank: 172.5mm | Saddle width: 143mm
- 56cm | Post: 380mm | Bar: 42cm | Stem: 100mm | Crank: 172.5mm | Saddle width: 143mm
- 58cm | Post: 380mm | Bar: 44cm | Stem: 110mm | Crank: 175mm | Saddle width: 143mm
- 61cm | Post: 380mm | Bar: 44cm | Stem: 110mm | Crank: 175mm | Saddle width: 143mm
- Colors: Carbon/Smoke/Metallic White Silver
- Weight: tbd
|Top Tube Length||496mm||509mm||531mm||541mm||563mm||577mm||587mm||595mm|
|Head Tube Length||93mm||102mm||113mm||131mm||151mm||178mm||163mm||198mm|
|Bottom Bracket Drop||74mm||74mm||74mm||72mm||72mm||72mm||72mm||72mm|