SRAM's CenterLine 2-piece disc brake rotors are now also available in the Center Lock spline-type mounting standard with rounded edges, which is good news for road disc brake users who want more options. In an effort to improve safety and mollify the pro road peloton, the UCI has mandated that road disc brake rotors have rounded edges along the outer circumference. That adaptation and the alloy spider are the only real differences between the rounded and standard CenterLine disc brake rotors from SRAM, whose CenterLine rotors represent a significant improvement in terms of increased performance and greatly reduced braking noise.
Engineers at SRAM figured out a way to keep the center of friction consistent though the entire rotation which minimizes vibration. What the means to you is Centerline rotors stop more quickly with less effort. The other main benefit is that cyclists around you will appreciate is super quiet braking.
While the 6-bolt system is still most common mounting system for mountain bike use, the Center Lock mounting system has gained favor across all disciplines, but especially for road and gravel use. ON these rotors, the braking surface is stainless steel construction.
The rounded edge 140 and 160mm rotors are machined from a single piece of material with precise balance and design. In all the CenterLine X rotors the braking ring is then mounted to a lighter weight aluminum spider with the hub mount system interface, which also reduces heat transfer to the hub itself. Ultimately, the CenterLine X Disc Brake Rotor carries heat away quickly to sustain braking power without fade or overheating.Return to Top
- Rounded Edge brake rotor is safe, self-cooling, quieter disc brake rotor optimized for road/XC use
- Rounded edges over circumference to meet UCI road disc standards
- Vibration minimizing design for quiet performance
- Stainless steel outer rotor construction with precision machining
- Bolted to machined aluminum spider with 6-bolt or Center Lock spline mounting system
- Center Lock mounting system does NOT include lockring
- Options: 6-bolt, Center Lock
- Select 140, 160 or 180mm
- Weight: 102 grams (160mm)