As exciting as SRAM's 12-speed eTap AXS system as, what has folks in cycling truly ecstatic is the fact that Red was quickly followed by a Force-level release, which shares the same functionality and essential technologies, but is far more accessible price-wise.
With the release of Force eTap AXS 12-speed, SRAM brings us the Force AXS DUB Cransket 2x12, a solid and effective design that simplifies the chainring set-up from the Red version by using two rings that bolt together, then get mounted to the carbon crank arm via a Direct Mount interface. The ring options optimize the 12x2 drivetrain and X-Range cassette gearing with 10T small cogs. The chainring combinations are unfamiliar but a quick look at a gearing chart is all you need to understand the large and small ring tooth count options.
For most cyclists, a crankset starts with the arms, which for the Force are carbon, but not the hollow version that Red has. That crankset features the 28.99mm universal hollow DUB spindle, now brought to road cranksets. The two arms and DUB spindle create an exceedingly stiff interface that is easy to use and service while offering good stiffness and reasonable weight. Unlike the Red 2x crankset with it's special integrated machined chainring system, the Force can be equipped/upgraded with a Quarq D-Zero powermeter, though it is the same D-Zero from an internals and accuracy perspective.
As paved and unpaved roads continue to expand drop bar bicycle riding possibilities, SRAM identified the need for new gearing options. The 2x12 drivetrain delivers. The engineers completely reconsidered gearing range, smoother progressions through the shift range, with smarter eTap shift settings, as delivered by the AXS (think- Access) wireless communication system. eTap AXS 12-speed delivers faster, more precise shifts, which come from a combination of the ring and profiling system, eTap AXS itself, and improved understanding and application of shifting gates from both the rings and cassette.
The SRAM Force AXS DUB 2x Crankset is offered in 46-33 and 48-35 options (remember, the XDR cassette features a 10T small cog). Return to Top
- Stiff, efficient and innovative 2x12 road crankset with DUB BB spindle
- Released as an essential piece of the Force eTap AXS drivetrain/shifting system
- Dual chainrings bolt together, then uses Direct Mount on to drive crank arm
- Easy to service, change. maintain rinsg with new AXS tuned ring options
- Compatible with Quarq DZero powermeter- bolt-on option/li>
- Carbon Tuned crank arms are lightweight, stiff, strong for 28.99 DUB spindle system
- DUB spindle affixed to left arm, drivearm and ring assembly bolts to spindle
- Unified assembly delivers impressive strength to weight ratio, performance
- Teeth are profiled with X-Range technology, to match chain, cassette, AXS
- eTAp AXS system completely refines shift windows and gates in stroke
- Much more precise, smooth in conjunction with ring/cassette tooth options
- Compatible only with SRAM 12-speed Flattop X-Range road chains
- Chainline: 45mm
- Lengths: 170, 172.5, 175 mm
- Chainring options: 46/33, 48/35
- Carbon/Black/Force scheme
- Weight: TBD