SRAM Force AXS DUB 12-Speed Crankset
SRAM's Force eTap AXS 1x12 drivetrain has been captivating gravel, adventure and cross riders since it's release, but the market for a wider range (with tighter shift steps) has been clear. The release of Force AXS in the 2x12 option meant working to accommodate wider frame designs and tire clearance for the front derailleur and chainrings. By extending the bottom bracket spindle length out 5mm and creating a new 43-30 chainring/spider set-up, SRAM's engineers ensured those who preferred a 2x option would have one. Of course several other components (Force eTap AXS Front Derailleur, an XG-1270 10-36 cassette, and Medium cage Force eTap AXS Rear Derailleur) had to be engineered as well, and the resulting 2x12 43-30 | 10-36 drivetrain delivers an incredible range of 516%.
The Force WIDE AXS DUB 2x Crankset, now featuring a slick glossy finish, has been purpose built with a sharp spider and ring design with a 94 BCD bolt pattern. Unlike the RED AXS set-up, the rings and spider are independent and sold individually. Still, the design is stout and handle chainline and cassette range loads with no issues. The Force-level carbon arms accept the machined alloy direct mount spider, which in turn offers a rear facing bolt design for mounting the chainrings. This WIDE crankset is only being offered in the 43-30t ring option and once set-up with the DUB WIDE Road BB your frame requires will have a 47mm chainline. The key result is that bikes with up to 700x45c or 27.5x2.1" tire widths will have zero compromise clearance and performance. Force eTap AXS wireless shifting will handle the hard work with efficiency and control.
For you to set-up your bike with the Force WIDE eTap drivetrain (there is no mechanical option at this time) and the full range of the 430-30 rings and 10-36 cassette, you must have the WIDE crankset, DUB WIDE BB, Force eTap AXS rear Derailleur, and the Force WIDE eTap AXS Front Derailleur. The Q-factor is 147.5mm, 2.5mm wider than the standard Force crankset. This can often be accommodated in your cleat set-up depending on cleat style and current location. Some pedals are also offered in shorter spindle lengths. Do not omit the spacers that come with the crankarms- the spacer protects the carbon around the pedal thread insert.
- Wider crank/chainline set-up for Force 2x drivetrains where wider tires and full gearing range determine need for wider chainline clearance
- Longer DUB spindle is part of design; w/ direct mount spider for 94BCD 43-30t chainrings
- Stiff and strong Force carbon crankarms
- Requires Force Wide eTap AXS Front Derailleur
- X-Range™ gearing technology has more range and a smoother gear progression, so you're always in the right gear
- Crisp and accurate front shifting
- Wide chainline crankset for bikes with up to 700x45c or 27.5x2.1" tire widths (43/30 chainrings only)
- 5mm Longer DUB crank spindle means you need a frame specific DUB WIDE BB, which comes with proper spacers
- Machined chainrings with stiff, semi-aero design, mounted with bolts from rear of spider
- Chainline: 47.5mm
- Q-factor: 147.5mm
- Arm length options: 170mm, 172.5mm, 175mm (others by special order)
- Chainrings: 43-30
- Finish: Force AXS Grey Gloss Finish
- Weight: 692 grams (170mm)