SRAM Force AXS XG-1270 12-Speed Cassette
SRAM developed their X-Range drivetrain concept to integrate the new shifting parameters of the 12-speed eTap AXS system, whether running a 1x12 or 2x12 set-up. Every piece, from the chainrings, chain, and cassette through the electronic precision of the AXS wireless shifting protocol and the required derailleurs have been set-up to fully optimize the new chainring options with the Force XG-1270 X-Range 12 Speed cassette. The brains of eTap AXS identify the proper shift windows and gates based on gearing and set-up, the new Flattop chain was developed for the X-range teeth profiles, all to make the most precise, perfectly timed and super smooth shift.
The MINI CLUSTER™ construction of the Force-level cassette reduces weight and increases durability, while keeping the unit, light, strong, and resilient to severe chainline stress- without breaking the bank with the XG-1290 Red-level version. The unit is not just about light weight and strength, but about X-Range. The more gradual gear progression between cogs, with at least five 1-tooth jumps makes for smoother, faster, more precise shifts. Of course X-Range relies on a 10T small cog to best match the Force AXS chainring offerings, which necessitates the need for a SRAM XDR driver for the rear hub. XDR was designed specifically for SRAM road 12-speed cassettes.
The XDR interface is 1.85mm longer than XD and is designed for road hub applications. XDR maintains the same hub spacing and flange locations used for 11-speed road compatible HyperGlide (Shimano standard) freehub bodies. XDR driver bodies are compatible with all mountain XD cassettes when the cassette is installed with a 1.85mm spacer behind it. Many hub and wheel systems offer XDR freehub body options as SRAM has licensed it to more than 80 wheel and hub manufacturers.
SRAM is offering the Force AXS XG-1270 12 Speed Cassette in the following combinations: 10-26, 10-28, 10-33 and 10-36. You can see the cog progressions in the details below. The combos are considered the most efficient and proper options for the 1x or 2x Force or Red crankset/chainring set-ups.
- Force-level AXS road cassette for X-Range 12-speed drivetrain
- Teeth are profiled with X-Range technology, to match chain, cassette, rings
- Compatible only with SRAM 12-speed Flattop X-Range road chains
- MINI CLUSTER™ construction reduces weight and increases durability
- Fully machined one piece unit is stiff, strong, light, precise
- Compatible only with SRAM XDR road driver system for 10T cog cassettes
- XDR is 1.85mm longer than XD, so XDR cassettes will not work on XD driver
- Options/Weights: 10-26 (221g), 10-28( 230g), 10-33 (266g)
- 10-26: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 21, 23, 26
- 10-28: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 21, 24, 28
- 10-33: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 24, 28, 33
- 10-36: 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17 ,19 ,21, 24, 28, 32, 36
- Finish: Black or Nickel