SRAM Force eTap AXS 12-Speed Rear Derailleur
Fast, precise rear shifting is now more attainable than ever. Whether you ride 2x or 1x, tarmac or gravel, the SRAM Force eTap AXS rear derailleur is up for the task. It features Orbit™ damper technology for quiet, secure chain management over rough roads and capitalizes on larger X-SYNC pulleys for improved durability and efficiency. SRAM's 12-speed AXS eTap system is not just "one more cog". The nature of eTap's original shift logic was pre-configured and not customizable. AXS gives you that capability and the clean, easily used AXS app. SRAM. The Force AXS 12-speed components, sure to be a go-to group for gravel and cross, are meant to be streamlined, and with the greater range of cassettes now available, SRAM offer's two derailleur cage length options, which can handle any and all of the 1x or 2x crankset set-ups, as well as any of the available 12-speed road cassette sizes.
The rear derailleur utilizes many familiar SRAM technologies for 12-speed, including increased gear range via X-Range, larger X-Sync pulleys with steel bearings, and the new Orbit cage and chain control system. Orbit is a new type of clutch system that utilizes a fluid damper that will not add any pressure on the cage spring at low speed or light loads, making shifting and rear wheel removal easier, but is more active at speed, keeping the chain controlled. This is surely a a key for 1x use, but actually helps drivetrain efficiency and shifts with 2x as well.
- Force AXS eTap 12-speed rear derailleurs with two cage options, new technologies
- Smooth, quiet, efficient and precise whether used with 1x or 2x drivetrains
- Orbit™ chain management technology keeps the drivetrain quiet and secure
- Compatible with both 1x and 2x drivetrains with various cassette ranges
- SRAM AXS enabled, allowing easy personalization
- 36t-max Medium cage derailleur is compatible with 10-36 and 10-33 cassettes
- 33t-max Short cage derailleur is compatible with 10-26, 10-28, and 10-33 cassettes
- Larger X-SYNC™ pulleys for increased durability and efficiency
- Composite pulleys, steel pulley bearings' aluminum cage plates
- Compatible with existing eTap® batteries
- Cage Length options: Short, Medium
- Finish: Force AXS Grey
- Weight: 305g (Short cage), 328 grams (Medium cage)