The all-new SRAM Red AXS chain was redeveloped from the ground up for the 12-speed drivetrain. The unique link shape allows the chain to be narrower and lighter while increasing strength and providing more space between the outer plates of the chain and the cogs on either side. The result: a quieter chain with faster, more precise shifts. This was accomplished for use with both X-Sync 1x12 road and 2x12 X-Range road drivetrains.
SRAM developed Flattop plate technology to enable a narrower chain with quieter operation and increased strength and durability. By adding material above you get both better retention and greater strength of the plate itself. The solid pin system and the proven tech of Hard Chrome maximize prolonged chain wear and life via plated inner link plates and rollers that can handle the stress and chain friction of greater gearing ranges and chain angles.
The Force AXS 12 Speed Chain requires the new Flattop Powerlock joining link, which is also a single-use item. Every time it is disconnected it needs to be replaced and no other link is acceptable for your safety.Return to Top
- Force AXS 12-speed chain for road 1x and 2x drivetrains
- Flattop plate design strengthens, improves strength and retention
- Narrower, quieter, faster and lighter
- Optimized for X-Sync and X-range drivetrain requirements
- Length: 114 links
- Inner link finish: Chrome plated
- Outer link finish: Nickel
- Pin / pin treatment: Solid pin / Chrome hardened
- Required connector: Flattop Powerlock (one included), single use only!
- Weight: 259 grams (actual)