Power L Carbon for SRAM and FSA Meter
Looking to explore riding with a power meter to improve your fitness and/or performance but Stages Power doesn't offer a perfect color or logo matched Left Side Power Meter for your carbon 30mm botttom bracket interface FSA 386 EVO, SRAM (road or mountain), Easton, or Race Face Next SL crankset? Don't worry, Stages offers this lightweight, high quality carbon Stages branded left side Power Meter crank arm. While there are power meters on the market with price ranges well into thousands of dollars; generating, measuring and applying detailed, useful, and accurate power data can be achieved simply with a Stages Power Meter cost-effective left arm replacement. This Gen3 unit features a more 6x powerful transmitter as well, with improved pairing processes.
The Stages L Power Meter is a left crankarm based system with a 20 gram power meter unit bonded to a new left crankarm. With the simplest installation, setup and pairing, Stages delivers accurate and consistent power measurement to power seeking cyclists and triathletes. Stages power meters are ANT+ and Bluetooth dual channel compatible to work with a host of head units and devices at the present and into the future. You can use your Stages Power L Carbon Meter with almost any current smartphone via Bluetooth Smart with two-way interaction, and simultaneously be connected to your ANT+ compatible computer/GPS head unit for in-ride data and collection. The StagesPOWER App offers several key features and functions, is easy to use and is free for Stages Power Meter owners.
Why measure power at all? Single leg power measurement gives you a clear representation of effort and output that is consistent. Knowledge of power data allows you to exploit your strengths, improve your weaknesses, and plan crucial recovery. It is true that there are cyclists, most at the highest levels of the sport, who can truly benefit from accurate individual leg and spin cycle measurement. The key for Stages is their engineers found through thousands of miles of testing research that power differential between legs has no significant influence on ride data and its value as a training tool. This helps to significantly reduce complexity and cost while providing power measurement with 1.5 % +/- accuracy.
Installation of the carbon Stages Power Meter is just a matter of replacing your existing left side crankarm with the Stages logo equipped version. If your crankset has an integrated left arm/spindle, you will need to buy a proper spindle to install the unit (type Stages spindle into the search box above for options). Otherwise, simply remove your left crankarm, and install the Stages arm. No magnets, zipties, sensors or additional hardware required. The head unit pairing and Zero calibration tasks are just as simple. The Stages unit is equipped with an accelerometer that tracks crank position during rotation to calculate cadence. It sends the cadence and power information to your connected devices. Truly simple. The Stages self-contained pod means that from installation of the power meter to riding generally takes about 10 minutes. Install, pair the power meter via Bluetooth to your smartphone, then an ANT+ compatible head unit, Zero calibrate, go ride. Easy. Stages even provides excellent instructions and support through their website.
It is crucial for accurate training and analysis that the meter be consistent to itself, that the rider can quickly and easily set Zero calibration at the start of every ride, and that temperature is always accounted for. Stages constantly corrects for temperature via Active Temperature Compensation (ATC) which takes place automatically and continuously while you pedal, allowing you to simply ride and use utilize your data without worrying about manual adjustments and accuracy is much better over many of it's competitors (whose units don't auto correct, or do so with far less frequency) whenever there is a significant change in temperature during a ride.
In this model, Stages bonds the actual power measurement pod onto a new structured semi-hollow carbon road double left side crank arm. The location of the pod on the arm is crucial, as the arm and pod then tested and calibrated together to ensure that the strain gages and sensors are working optimally with the specific crank arm. The pod itself is made of an incredibly strong polycarbonate blend that is similar material to that used in bulletproof glass. This material is perfect due to its light weight, superior durability and impact protection. Additionally, the Stages Power meter is highly sealed against environmental conditions, and carries an IPX7 water resistance rating, which means it can be submerged in water up to 1 meter for a maximum of 30 minutes.
It was crucial to Stages to make their power meter efficient, as well as keep their firmware updated. This version of the Stages Power Meter is their Gen3 pod, which is more streamlined than the original model (allowing for more crank arm and frame compatibility). The battery compartment and door were improved and strengthened. It is easy to change the battery, a coin-style, readily available CR2032 model. Each CR2032 delivers 200+ hours of power to the unit. The StagesPOWER App also keeps track of the battery level, so you can be prepared. Firmware is updated via this smartphone app as well. Stages regularly advances their firmware and app to reflect new features and updates. The app is user friendly and will become your best friend as you manage your power meter, allowing for direct updates to Training Peaks, Strava, Garmin Training Center and other cloud-based training systems. Now anyone can ride with power. Ready?Return to Top
- Most accessible, easiest to install/use, direct force, left side Stages brand left carbon crankarm power meter for several 30mm spindle bb systems- see below
- Power meter accuracy: ± 1.5%
- Features Gen3 power meter pod affixed to new carbon left side crankarm
- New transmitter delivers 6x more powerful output
- Installation as simple as properly mounting and fixing left side crankarm
- Head unit pairing and daily Zero calibration processes quick and straightforward; improved connectivity with sport watches, more head units
- Power range (Watts): 0 to 2500
- Active Temperature Compensation delivers continual accuracy while riding
- ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart communication keeps unit future-proof
- Factory bonded pod contains all electronics, strain gages, power source
- Tool free, user replaceable CR2032 battery via externally accessible compartment
- Internal accelerometer determines cadence throughout pedal stroke
- Cadence range (rpm): 20-220
- Firmware updates, data uploads accomplished wirelessly with Bluetooth Smart
- Water resistance rating: IPX7 (do not use direct stream hose/pressure washer)
- Device compatibility with simultaneous dual channel ANT+, Bluetooth Smart
- StagesPOWER App allows you to manage your unit, collect and transmit data
- Compatible to retrofit 30mm spindle cranksets: DUB, FSA 386 EVO, SRAM (road or mountain), Easton, or Race Face Next SL
- See Stages 30mm Spindles if you require a BB spindle
- Always install crankarm to Stages specifications
- Finish: Stages UD carbon light gloss scheme
- Select crankarm length: 170mm, 172.5mm, 175mm