SwissStop EXOTherm2 Organic Disc Brake Pads
Disc brake pad technology continues to improve, with better braking from advanced compounds and more active heat management from the backing plate to fins that help to radiate heat out from the pad and away from the rotor. SwissStop is well known across the cycling industry and marketplace for their excellent alternatives and options for OEM brake pads of all types. Their mountain disc brake pad models have drawn raves for pad wear and stopping power. SwissStop has carried that experience over to road disc brakes, which for some manufacturers and models may be the same as the XC mountain versions. SwissStop pads in most compounds are known for their superior modulation and the EXOTherm2 Disc Brake Pad series adds fins for faster heat release.
The EXOTherm2 combines an extremely durable, smooth modulating pad compound with a cooling fin equipped back plate which provides consistent, powerful braking in all conditions. The added benefits are improved pad life, smoother overall performance, and quieter interaction with the rotor. In SwissStop's rating process, it achieves 10/10 for heat management, 9/10 for longevity, and 9/10 for modulation. Pad wear is much lower than most OEM and aftermarket options delivering greater value and more consistent performance over the life of the pads.
Please be aware that SwissStop disc brake pads require a very specific break-in process. While all pads do have some requirements, SwissStop gives you specific instructions to achieve optimal performance and pad life. It is well worth the 10-15 minutes required and maximizes your decision to use SwissStop pads.
- Excellent alternative to OEM road disc brake pads- higher quality, with better wear
- Designed to work with any rotor materials, designs
- Durable, smooth modulating pad compound with a cooling fin equipped back plate
- Provides consistent, powerful braking in all conditions
- Smooth feel at the brake lever, predictable & progressive brake power, very high durability, consistently quiet operation
- Excellent modulation, competitive or better heat management than OEM pads <
- Minimum brake fade, quiet operation
- Pad wear rate is much lower than competitors
- Model 30 fits Campagnolo/Magura: Camp 11,12 Road Disc, Magura MT 2, 4, 6, 8
- Model 32 fits SRAM: Red eTap AXS (Gen. 1 'Mono-Bloc' caliper), eTap HRD,Red 22 HRD (B1), Force 22 HRD (B1), Force 1 HRD, Rival 22 HRD (B1), Rival 1 HRD, Apex 1 HRD, S-700 HRD (B1), Level Ultimate,TLM (2016-2019
- Model 34 fits Shimano: Dura Ace BR-R9170, Ultegra BR-R8070, 105 BR-R7070, Tiagra BR-4770, GRX BR-RX810, BR-RX400, BR-RS805, BR-RS505, BR-RS405, BR-RS305
- All pads come with the specific replaceable hardware/fittings as required
- Options: 30 EXO, 32 EXO, 34 EXO
- Color: Black
- Weight: 22-24 grams (per pair depending on option required)