Tacx Neo 2T Smart Trainer DEMO
This item is a Demo Unit. It may have been used as a showroom display model or in our customer experience center. Includes full manufacturer warranty.
The Tacx NEO 2 Smart Direct Drive Trainer has been considered the pinnacle of trainer-based indoor cycling- and now TACX has updated it with the NEO 2T model. On top of immersive features like Road feel, Dynamic Inertia and Descent (downhill drive) simulation, the NEO 2T has added some physical changes, like native thru-axle capability (no need for the skewer based system), new magnet placement, angles, strengths and even the mounts, greater overall power, and impressively faster ERG response. Along with magnet changes, heavier duty new wiring was added to increase safety. NEO 2T retains the smart design of the most silent, realistic and accurate trainer available, while not requiring a zero calibration. The NEO design was updated in 2017 for greater frame/bike compatibility and a few other options, then in November 2018 Tacx launched the NEO 2 off the same essential, and successful, premium platform. Now in September 2019, The NEO 2T represents tangible physical upgrades (as opposed to simple firmware changes). Of course there is one big change on the firm/software side. The NEO 2T enables accurate Cycling Dynamics pedal stroke analysis via compatible third-party software and Garmin Edge bike computers
The NEO 2T has a few machinery tweaks, but keeps the colorful Tacx blue under frame coloring, but it adds the above changes to the major 2018 changes: an improved chip on the hardware side, which benefits functionality, and upgrades the unit's software and forward thinking capabilities. The NEO 2 added a built-in cadence sensor, accurate Left/Right pedal stroke analysis, as well as L/R power data. Improved memory capability along with the hardware and software upgrades also point to new features and options down the road, so to speak.
Despite the pure technical capabilities and incredible feel, the NEO Smart design was the first trainer to offer silent operation, with only the working of your drivetrain noticeable. While for some folks 65-70 decibels isn't a concern, for many it was worth the cost alone. Now with the 2T, it is even quieter. Add in the impressive accuracy rated at less than 1%, incredible actual road feel options, the fact that your pedaling negates the need for power for most standard functions, folding design for easy storage, great connectivity and both Tacx and 3rd party app support, the NEO 2T is the advanced benchmark for all high-end trainers made around the world.
What are the tech numbers of the NEO 2T Smart you need to know? The max power is 2200 watts, while the Max incline is 25%. Descent simulation is here as well (requires AC power). The 32 Neodymium magnets control the drive system to deliver precision resistance and simulate the road feel, not a weighted flywheel. Get this- no power calibration is required. The body design allows for a slight amount of side to side movement- not much, but you should be aware and take advantage of it improve your fluidity while on the trainer. The NEO series can simulate road surfaces sent from Zwift, simulating cobbles, which is more fun on the trainer than in the Arenberg. Communication is here with Tacx ANT private, ANT+, ANT FE-C,and Bluetooth Smart open. The NEO 2 Smart delivers speed, power, and cadence information. Tacx NEO Smart users love to run it with Zwift, especially for the incline, descent, cobble-effect, and pure interaction, as well as with Trainer Road and Sufferfest, among many others. With the Tacx Utility App you can easily update your firmware, test and manage your trainer with an iOS or Android device.
Tacx ships the NEO 2 Smart for 130/135mm quick release use, and the T2835 12mm thru-axle QR adapters for 142/148mm, The unit also ships with a QR skewer, Shimano 11s freehub body, which can be spaced down for 9/10 speed. A Campagnolo compatible Edco freehub, Tacx# T2805.51 (C) is available separately and compatible with 9-12 speed cassettes. The NEO Smart set a high bar, and while the NEO 2 Smart may carry over 95% of the original, the 5% makes the 2nd generation even better now, with a eye on future capabilities as well.
- 2nd gen UPDATED direct drive indoor trainer with premium accuracy, ratings
- Unit is really, really quiet, with bike drivetrain loudest sound
- Fully connected: Tacx ANT private, ANT+ & FE-C, Bluetooth Smart Open
- Compatible with 3rd party apps for trainer control
- Real life road feel-response is active with Zwift integration
- Improved memory and chipset increase functionality, open to future options
- Delivers speed, power, and cadence information
- Left / Right pedal stroke analysis and power measurement
- NEO 2T enables accurate Cycling Dynamics pedal stroke analysis via compatible third-party software and Edge bike computers
- Does not require AC power for standard use- self generated
- LED indicators for power, connectivity
- 32 stronger, newly place Neodymium magnets control the drive system of the 2T
- No power calibration required
- Accurate to +/- 1%
- Max power: 2200 watts
- Max incline: 25%
- Decline feature requires AC power
- Stable, sturdy design and build; legs fold up to body
- Purpose-built slight, subtle side to side movement
- Fun, down-facing LED colored light, varies with intensity
- Includes steel QR for 130/135 use, and native direct adapters for thru-axle use
- Tacx Utility App for iOS or Android for firmware updates, testing, etc
- Equipped with Shimano/SRAM 11s (8-10 with spacers) freehub body, cassette not included, Campagnolo 9/10/11/12 freehub body sold separately
- Includes dual voltage AC cord/power block, front wheel riser
- Dimensions (open): 29.5" x 22.6" x 21.6"
- Color: Black/Blue
- Weight: 47.4 lbs