Velox Jantex Belgian Tubular Tape increases the strength of the bond between the tire and rim. It also can fill in the central channel found on many rims creating a more generous and stable contact area between the rim and the tire. This tape must be used with tubular glue.
Cyclocross mechanics love Belgium tubular tape because it help to prevent rolled tubulars exacerbated by large tires, low pressures and hard cornering. The pros usually put two, thin even coats of glue on the rim and two coats on the tire base tape. After that, the Belgian tape is applied to the rim. Finally place the 5th layer of tubular glue on top of the Belgian tape and install the tubular tire.Return to Top
- Increases bond strength between tire and rim
- One roll of tape will do two rims
- Must be used in conjunction with tubular glue
- Creates better contact between rim and tire
- For Tubular aluminum rims
Must be used in conjunction with tubular glue